Developer Relations Engineer (web3)
At the Celo Foundation we partner with organizations across the Celo ecosystem including partnering with cLabs, the team working on the open source platform Celo, whose mission is to build a financial system that creates the conditions for prosperity for all. Celo aims to remove the barriers for large-scale adoption of cryptocurrencies as means-of-payment.
Using a novel address-based encryption algorithm, the Celo protocol makes sending money as easy as sending a text. Additionally, Celo uses stable-value tokens pegged to fiat currencies, like the US Dollar, to minimize volatility.
Celo is an open protocol enabling many to participate in the system, even with a budget Android smartphone. The first application launched on the Celo platform, Valora, is a social payments and money transfer app, aimed at developing markets.
- Inspire and drive developers interested in building web3 dapps to build on Celo.
- Highlight the benefits of Celo from mobile focused features like lightweight mobile clients, ODIS, to enhancements made to help developers lives easier.
- Tell engaging stories around why developers should build dapps.
- Build interesting example smart contracts and dapps that are exciting and novel.
- Write clear documentation, compelling tutorials, and engaging videos.
- Develop and deliver content, presentations that resonate with the web3 community.
- Drive and participate in developer workshops and other external events.
- Help organize, build and train local developer communities and university developer groups interested in learning about web3 development.
- Encourage and celebrate diversity in the communities you build.
- Represent the community externally and internally and influence the engineering and developer community with your insights.
- Work closely with the engineering and community teams.
- Explore the latest trends in Web3 and educate people about how Celo fits in the bigger picture.
- Engage with the community and create a welcoming environment for new members.
- 3+ years' experience working as a software engineer or engineering-focused developer advocate role.
- The ability to distill complex concepts into easy to understand explanations.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- A deep understanding of open-source development and communities.
- Experience writing smart contracts, sharing them online, and getting the community excited about what you’ve built.
- An intuition for what a developer experience is and how it can be improved.
- Published technical articles and presented at an developer event.
- Deployed a dapp.
cLabs ("Celo Labs") started Celo in 2017 and is one of many contributors to the open source project Celo. cLabs builds financial technology to enable prosperity of all beings.
cLabs is a Teal organization, a method of decentralized management and organizational governance. Roles are defined around the work, not people, and there is a high degree of autonomy. As such, we're all proud to hold the job title of "Partner." For more information on our culture, we encourage you to check out our blog at https://medium.com/celohq/the-future-is-teal-cc264a5d51d3.
To build technology and products that are used and loved by people and solve real-world problems, we need to build a team with many different perspectives and experiences. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)celo.org. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.