Smart Contracts Engineer
Axelar is the universal interoperability network connecting all blockchain ecosystems, applications, assets, and users. Axelar network consists of a protocol suite, tools, and APIs, designed to break down the barriers to cross-chain communication. Powered by a decentralized open network of validators; anyone can join the network, use it and build on it. The Axelar network makes cross-chain communication as simple as using http(s) protocols on the web. Platform developers can plug-in their blockchains to other ecosystems, and application builders and users can leverage a simple protocol and API to access global liquidity and communicate with the entire ecosystem.
The Axelar team has deep roots in distributed systems, consensus, and cryptography. The venture has raised over $65M at a $1B valuation from leading backers such as Polychain, Dragonfly Capital, Rockaway Blockchain Fund, Coinbase, Binance X, DCVC, and others. It was founded by Sergey Gorbunov (PhD MIT) and Georgios Vlachos (MSc MIT), who previously worked together on the founding team at Algorand.
Axelar Mainnet is live and supports cross-chain asset transfers between Ethereum, Polygon, Fantom, Avalanche, Terra and Moonbeam with more networks and assets added regularly. Axelar has developed a sample cross-chain asset transfer application called Satellite, which provides a simple, efficient user experience to transfer assets between chains.
Axelar is building the infrastructure to connect web3. Join us!
This is a newly created role for a motivated smart contract engineer who is interested in building the new financial stack from the ground up in the Axelar Network.
You will be designing new, decentralized products, whilst also implementing business logic across the different ecosystems through smart contracts.
What you will be doing
- Building the new financial stack through smart contracts, working with testnets and deployment scripts.
- Assuring reliability and security across the Axelar Network.
- Writing and compiling the smart contracts across various blockchains.
What you will need
- Experience with solidity, ERC-X contracts, bitcoin scripts and other smart contracts on other blockchains.
- Understanding of security pitfalls, vulnerabilities, mitigation strategies.
- Experience deploying and maintaining smart contracts on blockchains.
- Understanding of basic cryptography, mechanism design, distributed systems.
- A wealth of relevant experience within the blockchain world.
- You have a strong sense of ownership, with the ability to lead and share knowledge to reach solutions as well as the keenness to learn.
- You’re open to collaborating with internal and external stakeholders, flourishing in a distributed environment.
- You enjoy being hands on, being a self starter that thrives well in ambiguity.
- A problem solver at heart that can envision successful outcomes.
- You have a creative flair, always seizing an opportunity to do things differently.
- Understand how to use blockchains and DeFi as a user.
- Autonomous, distributed environment with the opportunity to work collaboratively in a diverse team across the world.
- The scope to contribute to high impact work and really make a difference in a decentralized protocol.
- Chance to really challenge yourself whilst learning heaps of stuff in the process.
- Unlimited time off throughout the year to rest and recharge.
- Competitive compensation with stock options, experiencing growth from the initial phase.