Software Engineer (Blockchain)
Blockchains is committed to protecting and empowering individuals through the development of applications, services, and ecosystems designed to change the way people interact with technology, infrastructure, and each other. Software solutions in development by Blockchains focus on preparing the world for the next phase of the internet’s evolution – Web 3.0 – with an emphasis on digital identity, digital asset custody, IoT, and a stable means of digital payment.
Blockchains is dedicated to innovation, and its efforts do not stop at software. Blockchains envisions a world transformed by blockchain technology, in which digital- and real-world interactions are interwoven. Blockchains plans to build out a real-life sandbox in northern Nevada, where it, along with other like-minded companies and individuals, can come together to innovate and collaborate to create a better future for all.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
As a Software Engineer specializing in Blockchain technology, you will be responsible for software development, deployment, and post-deployment maintenance for our blockchain-based products, along with maintaining Multisig Contracts. You will collaborate on functional requirements, product architecture, and design. You will work collaboratively with the Engineering, Product, and Cybersecurity teams to develop products that incorporate advanced private key management and storage technologies.
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Building, maintaining, and deploying native cloud clusters for dozens of blockchain daemons in a scalable, highly available, and redundant manner.
- Developing robust and secure APIs, SDKs, services, and libraries to support wallet services, including hot/cold wallets, staking, and indexing.
- Ensuring quality and performance of the application specifications, including debugging and performance testing of code.
- Developing and executing novel security solutions to safeguard our clients’ assets.
- Maintaining policies, procedures, and technical documentation.
- Following and ensuring the implementation of security best practices and guidelines.
- Collaborating on architecture definitions and developing creative, scalable, and secure solutions for additional product features.
- Providing mentorship to your peers in the broader Engineering team through code reviews and education on best practices.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO SUCCEED
Profound knowledge and experience in blockchain technology, software engineering, and decentralized software architecture. You can work with numerous cross-functional teams in a fast-paced, growing company. You have experience working with digital-currency custody, blockchain, or cryptography. You have a working knowledge of Kubernetes & Docker, Shamir's secret sharing scheme, multi-sig wallets, other common digital wallets, security paradigms TCP/IP network stack, DNS, SSL/ TLS, and how traffic on IP networks establishes end-to-end security and trust. You have a proven track record of delivering and owning web-scale pipelines systems in production. You love blockchain technology, want to bring it to the masses, and enjoy delving into novel emerging technologies like MPC (Multi-party Computation).
A plus is technical knowledge of elliptic-curve cryptography, homomorphic encryption, multiparty party computation and privacy-enhancing technologies, WebAssembly, compilers, and virtual machines. Working knowledge of development, deploying, and running smart contract applications to Ethereum. Strong experience in working with public and permissioned blockchain technologies and distributed ledgers Implementing and integrating the latest improvement proposals from the blockchain community.
YOUR EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
You have an MSc/MA in Computer Science or a related field or bachelors with equivalent work experience. A minimum of three years of software development engineering experience and experience working with Solidity is required.