Senior Blockchain Research Engineer
ChainSafe Systems is a blockchain R&D firm on a mission to realize the potential of Web3 infrastructure through sustainable, open-source development. Our vision is to create a world with organizations that empower people to build and innovate through blockchain agnostic tools and other distributed technologies.
We are global leaders in the industry, unique in our work across multiple blockchain ecosystems, and currently are pioneering technology and infrastructure related to Ethereum,, Polkadot and Filecoin. We are actively pursuing the development of our own product suite, having recently released Files and Storage, which allows users to upload and store files on IPFS and Filecoin with the goal of furthering development to provide a decentralized alternative to cloud storage.
ChainSafe is a unique company in a unique space, growing quickly and building a global reputation in this nascent space. Beyond offering experience across every major blockchain space to our team, we provide an open, inclusive, and supportive environment where we help folks reach their full potential as a human and as a professional.
Here’s what you might want to know before reading on:
- Our stack is progressive and open-source and includes Go, Rust, and TypeScript.
- We spearhead ecosystem projects like Lodestar, Web3.js, Forest, Mina-rs, and Gossamer.
- We are global, remote-friendly, and open to contractors.
- Culture fit and alignment to our core values are extremely important to us. We are fueled by an immense intellectual curiosity of what technology can do and the impact it can have. You will thrive here if you are intensely driven by tackling technical challenges that no one else has solved yet and are inspired by the possibility of building the next generation of web infrastructure and decentralized systems.
- Proactively Research a wide range on edge blockchain technologies that are relevant to bridging techniques
- Play a key role in architectural and design decisions, building toward an efficient bridging solution for networks of different nature
- Facilitate development process over research done. Help developers during development and support cycles
- Identify, prioritize and execute tasks in the software development life cycle
- Write scalable, robust, testable, efficient, and easy to maintain code
- Follow latest security best practices
- Mentor junior engineers and do active code reviews
- Automate tasks through appropriate tools and scripts
- Document development phases and monitor systems
- Be able to proactively dive into the novel territory and share knowledge on what you've learned
- Extensive knowledge of Ethereum network
- Experience with various blockchain protocols
- Deep knowledge in blockchain underlying cryptography
- Understanding of distributed systems, peer-to-peer systems.
- Practical experience and knowledge's in various DeFi’s
- Willing to research new technologies and possibilities for our product. Passion in writing documental reports and solution investigation based on research done.
- Go, Rust is highly encouraged
- Substrate(Polkadot), Cosmos(Tendermint), Solana Knowledge
- Practical understandings of Bridges
We strongly encourage you to apply even if you don’t fit all the requirements. You don’t have to match all the listed requirements exactly to be considered for this role.
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process at Chainsafe to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process.
- Qualified candidates will be invited to schedule a 30-45 minute screening call with one of our tech recruiters
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a 60-minute Cultural Interview with one of our Project Managers
- Then, Candidates will be asked to complete a technical task that takes under 4 hours, but we provide up to 5 business days to complete
- Last, candidates will be invited to schedule a 60-minute interview with the Team Lead