Brave - Remote
Posted: 2 years ago
Brave is looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer with a focus on blockchain to work on cryptocurrency integrations with Brave. You'll work on our Brave Wallet. This is a high profile and impactful, hands-on position. Work together with our product designers, developers and privacy/security experts to help us take our wallet to the next level.
- Work closely with the front-end team to understand intricacies and help iterate on components used to build our interfaces within our Wallet.
- Integrate new features from brave-core and connect prototypes to live data.
- Be up-to-date with upcoming protocol upgrades, BIPs, EIPs, etc.
- Be involved in investigating bugs around blockchain edge cases.
- 5+ years experience with application development.
- Some C++ development skills, a plus but not required.
- History of open source contributions.
- Good understanding of blockchain protocols (Bitcoin, Ethereum, Solana, etc.) and the DeFi ecosystem.
- Familiarity with cryptocurrency wallet stack (mechanics, UX, etc.).
- Experience with software development via distributed development teams.
- Comfortable working in an open source setting.
- A passion for helping protect users' privacy and security.
- Written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Proven record of getting things done.
- Competitive salary
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited PTO (in most regions)
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage
- Life and Disability insurance coverage
- Generous 401k plan
- Stock option grant
- Travel and conference budgets