Senior Golang Engineer
Are you an experienced golang engineer looking for a new challenge? One where you can play a key role in developing cutting edge decentralized technologies and make a positive impact in the world? Want the freedom to work remotely?
Regen Network realigns the agricultural economy with ecological health by creating a global platform for planetary stewardship. Using distributed ledger and remote sensing technology, our team is creating new tools for how humanity relates to its environment.
Our team spans Pacific Time to Central European Time.
As one of the leading projects in the Cosmos ecosystem, Regen Network is the principle maintainer of the Cosmos SDK. In this role, you will be joining a small and agile team working directly on the Cosmos SDK in close collaboration with other stakeholders in the Cosmos ecosystem.
- Participating in and driving technical specifications, design, architecture, and implementation for new features on the Cosmos SDK
- Writing reusable libraries and custom logic for blockchain state machines and ensuring solid test coverage
- Participating in code reviews
- Minimizing tech debt while strategically pushing for progress with new features
- Helping scale the team and create our engineering culture
- Participation and leading coordination for one or more of the SDK’s architecture working groups
- Quality and security is essential in blockchains, as there is no admin password to roll it back, and we encourage an atmosphere where we all teach and support each other as we strive for robust and solid systems.
- You should have multiple years working with Go in production, as well as solid experience in some other programming languages
- You balance perfection in code with hitting deadlines and delivering in a timely manner
- You enjoy learning and digging into open source code, committing on other projects
- You can organize yourself well, and can work in an agile manner
- You enjoy a healthy balance between working autonomously and collaborating closely with peers through pairing sessions and architecture design meetings
- You enjoy analyzing solutions and can participate in defining good architecture
- Good written communication in English is essential
- Previous experience working remotely and/or leading teams is a plus
- We are currently looking for applicants in European or US time zones (where the tech team currently is located) to allow for good communication, and minimal scheduling issues.
Bonus Points for...
- Previous experience maintaining open source software (particularly libraries and/or frameworks)
- Previous experience working with the Cosmos SDK or related technologies
Our engineering team is well-known and respected in the Cosmos ecosystem for our leadership in technical design and implementation. We are happy to train you in many aspects of the Cosmos ecosystem including code architecture and building backwards-compatible systems for an immutable ledger without getting stuck in quicksand. We are currently implementing many major pieces for the above ecosystem, including flexible key management solutions, a new storage and state commitment layer for the SDK and adding NFT support.
Outside of the development team, there are experts with decades of experience in sustainability and regenerative ecology who are more than happy to share insights with you, and discuss paths to a positive future. We offer competitive salaries and a flexible work environment. We are aiming for full-time employees, but open to part-time or even contractors if it is a good fit.
Assuming full time role, this position includes a token/equity incentive compensation plan.
If you are based in the US, we can offer you employment and health insurance.