Fullstack Software Engineer
Boardroom is looking to add a Fullstack Software Engineer in the Americas timezone for a full-time remote position. We're a small team across a wide range of disciplines, but we all leave our egos at the door as we strive to collectively shape and realize the vision of Boardroom. Everyone on the team is encouraged to think creatively and push the envelope, while maintaining a strong and foundational commitment to our core mission and products.
We have a mix of crypto experience levels on the team and welcome anybody regardless of where they are on their journey, but all of us are stoked about the possibilities of digital governance in an increasingly decentralized future.
Who we are
Boardroom facilitates simple and transparent stakeholder oversight and management of DAOs - distributed organizations and protocols. We strive to provide crucial middleware for the immensely fragmented crypto governance and communications ecosystem and envision that our platform will facilitate stakeholder identification, communication, discourse, and voting tools that help projects properly manage their governance systems in the long run.
We are a small team and you will have a lot of ownership over the product and a substantial impact on our success. We value positive energy, continuous learning, and clear communication and are committed to building an inclusive environment for people from every background.
Who you are
As an early hire, you will be a critical member of the Boardroom team with a lot of influence over our future direction. You have the ability to influence the ideation, design, and execution of future products. You will be responsible for ensuring a consistent, high-quality user experience, documentation portals, and more.
You are an enthusiastic, self-motivated engineer to help us build not only a product but a high functioning organization. You’re comfortable in dealing with lots of moving pieces; you have exquisite attention to detail, and you’re comfortable learning new technologies and systems. You don’t mind getting your hands dirty and occasionally go above and beyond what their job description says on paper. You’re excited about the future of distributed decision making and coordination, and excited to build that future with Boardroom!
- Accountable generalist, who is a self-starter
- Passion for community ownership
- New models for decision making
- Interest in crypto
- Collaborative with protocol teams
- Able to conduct user research
- Iterating on a centralized cloud aggregation platform and API
- Iterating on an open-source governance interoperability library
- Integrating new protocols and frameworks into our ecosystem, and shepherding community contributors doing the same
- Iterating on our relational database schema and queries
- Working with frontend developers on our 1st-party API integration
- Working on docs and other DX community resources
Expectations / Skills
- Experience with cloud platform development
- Solid software engineering and design principles
- Excellent communicator capable of owning delivery from start to finish
- Pragmatic approaches to testing, operations, and code maintainability
- Product-minded engineers who see code as a means not an end
- Crypto enthusiasts and digital optimists
- TypeScript React frontend
- Isomorphic TypeScript open-source monorepo library
- Serverless microservice cloud platform on AWS (TypeScript, Lambda, API Gateway, SQS, CloudFront)
- Postgres relational database (knex.js query builder)
Nice To Haves:
- Fluency in TypeScript or other statically typed languages
- Solidity / smart-contract / web3 experience
- Experience with microservice cloud development (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Familiarity in the crypto governance or DeFi space
- Experience with writing library code / open-source code
- Strong SQL and relational database experience