Blockchain Protocol Engineer
Gluwa - US, Remote, Canada
Posted: a year ago
Gluwa is a borderless financial platform that is composed of mobile apps, REST API, smart contracts, and blockchains (Bitcoin, Ethereum, and our own Creditcoin). Together, they enable you to transact with anyone on the Internet without giving up control of your money.
Gluwa is looking for open source maintainers of Creditcoin.
The Creditcoin network is a live public blockchain. Gluwa is the creator of the Creditcoin protocol and maintains an open-source implementation called Gluwa Creditcoin. The blockchain is currently based Hyperledger Sawtooth but is currently migrating to Substrate.
The cryptocurrency of the project is listed on KuCoin, Bithumb, Poloniex, MEXC, OKEx, Bittrex Global, and GOPAX.
- Experience in Rust. Preferably in production.
- Preferably experience with Substrate
- 3+ years of experience working as a Software Engineer
- A general understanding of how the blockchain consensus algorithms work
- Proficiency in software engineering tools
- Ability to document requirements and specifications
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field
Creditcoin Specific Duties
- Adds new features according to the vision of Creditcoin.
- Develops tools for Creditcoin users such as command-line client, Docker image, and mining pool to enhance its usability.
- Identifies and fixes bugs from the codebase.
- Determines operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
- Communicate with open source users and contributors.
- Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, such as flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments, and clear code.
- Prepare and install solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming.
- Improve operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures.
- Search, evaluate, and recommend 3rd party software products we should use.
- Update job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Protect operations by keeping the information confidential.