Senior Software Engineer
Algorand builds technology that accelerates the convergence between decentralized and traditional finance. At Algorand, we have a vision where everyone creates and exchanges value efficiently, transparently and securely. Our Employees play a critical role in executing on this vision with their ability to think beyond, have courage in all they do, succeed together, and tackle hard problems creatively.
We are looking for intellectually curious Software Engineers to play an important role in the development and implementation of Algorand’s blockchain and cryptocurrency products. Your ideas and your innovation will help shape the new blockchain and cryptocurrency ecosystem of tomorrow. Our Engineers are generalists, but with interest and focus on infrastructure, our core protocol, and distributed computing. We currently work in Go (https://golang.org/), and our projects are open-sourced (https://github.com/algorand).
This is an opportunity for someone who is genuinely excited by new technologies and has a passion for building products that will serve millions of users. You will be working on a fast-paced, rapidly growing, high-profile project with a significant opportunity for industry-level impact on emerging blockchain and cryptocurrency technologies. Our state-of-the-art headquarters is located in Boston, Mass. and has been updated with all of the latest safety features. While we love to work with New England talent and/or relocate people to the area; we are equally happy to consider candidates across the United States for remote opportunities.
This Job is For You if You’re:
- Genuinely excited to solve complex problems
- Passionate about blockchain technology and/or cryptocurrency
- Obsessed with building products that millions of users will touch
- Interested in remote and in-office flexibility
Our Senior Software Engineers:
- Devise innovative ideas for solving hard technical problems involving distributed systems, scale, and security; translate these ideas into technical designs and implementation
- Are hands-on developers applying the best industry standards for code health, security, scalability, and robustness
- Are a key part of an inclusive environment that fosters collaboration and creativity both internally and externally
Your Qualifications & Our Requirements:
- Min. 5 years of experience working on and shipping complex applications as part of a team; advanced education will be considered (in extraordinary cases)
- Experience in any of the following: distributed systems, secure coding, network coding, performance optimizations
- Extensive experience with one or more general purpose programming languages including but not limited to: Go, Java, C++, C#, and Rust
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or related technical field; equivalent experience will also be considered
- Experience contributing to major open source software projects will be considered favorably
Our Commitment to You:
Algorand is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation during the interview process, please advise your recruiter.
Our compensation package is generous, including a competitive cash compensation and an equity position in the organization. Our benefits programs are top tier, with 99.99% of benefits premiums for our Employees and their families paid for by the Company.