Senior Data Scientist
Blend360 - US
Posted: 2 years ago
Blend360 is a world class marketing, analytics, and technology company that delivers the best results for our clients. Our primary focus is Data Sciences; leveraging data and applied mathematics to solve our clients’ business challenges. Blend360 is known for our exceptional people, our get-it-done mentality, and delivering high impact and sustainable results. If you love to solve difficult problems and deliver results; if you like to learn new things and apply innovative, state-of-the-art methodology, join us at Blend360.
- Work with practice leaders and clients to understand business problems, industry context, data sources, potential risks, and constraints
- Problem-solve with practice leaders to translate the business problem into a workable Data Science solution; propose different approaches and their pros and cons
- Work with practice leaders to get stakeholder feedback, get alignment on approaches, deliverables, and roadmaps
- Develop a project plan including milestones, dates, owners, and risks and contingency plans
- Create and maintain efficient data pipelines, often within clients’ architecture. Typically, data are from a wide variety of sources, internal and external, and manipulated using SQL, spark, and Cloud big data technologies
- Assemble large, complex data sets from client and external sources that meet functional business requirements.
- Build analytics tools to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency, and other key business performance metrics.
- Perform data cleaning/hygiene, data QC, and integrate data from both client internal and external data sources on Advanced Data Science Platform. Be able to summarize and describe data and data issues
- Conduct statistical data analysis, including exploratory data analysis, data mining, and document key insights and findings toward decision making
- Train, validate, and cross-validate predictive models and machine learning algorithms using state of the art Data Science techniques and tools
- Document predictive models/machine learning results that can be incorporated into client-deliverable documentation
- Assist client to deploy models and algorithms within their own architecture
- MS degree in Statistics, Math, Data Analytics, or a related quantitative field
- 2+ years Professional experience in Advanced Data Science, such as predictive modeling, statistical analysis, machine learning, text mining, geospatial analytics, time series forecasting, optimization
- Experience with one or more Advanced Data Science software languages (Python, R, SAS)
- Proven ability to deploy machine learning models from the research environment (Jupyter Notebooks) to production via procedural or pipeline approaches
- Experience with SQL and relational databases, query authoring and tuning as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases including Hadoop/Hive
- Experience with spark and data-frames in PySpark or Scala
- Strong problem-solving skills; ability to pivot complex data to answer business questions. Proven ability to visualize data for influencing.
- Comfortable with cloud-based platforms (AWS, Azure, Google)
- Experience with Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, Optimizely a plus