Nearmap is unique. A global technology company with incredible people; a market-leader with energy and spirit. Nearmap was named as one of the world’s 10 Most Innovative Companies of 2020 by Fast Company magazine – and we’re growing.
If you join us on this exciting journey, you’ll love our inclusive values and share our ambition to become the source of truth that helps shape decisions for the livable world.
What we do
We provide easy, instant access to high-resolution aerial imagery, city-scale 3D content, AI datasets and integrated geospatial tools, with wide-scale coverage across the USA, Canada, Australia and New Zealand. At the core of it, we’re a location content company, a visual analytics company, and a software as a service company. Innovation is weaved into our DNA.
The Data Analyst will be the go-to analytical talent for our North American business - gathering, integrating and developing various data & analytics products to be utilised for internal decision making. The analyst will be a key member of our global Data & Analytics unit, playing a generalist role in various analytical constructs such as data collection (measurement), metric and KPI formation, deep-dives and troubleshooting, and developing data products such as Verified/Quality Data, Analytics Dashboards and Data Activations. Their strategic focus will revolve around strengthening our Data Strategy and ensuring Nearmap is match fit across all aspects of the data value chain.
A typical day for you may look like this...
- Working closely with the Commercial Operations team, develop a range of data and analytics products to help answer business questions in relation to the drivers of performance
- Engage with internal stakeholders to bring transparency to performance of key metric trends in the North American business
- Identify data gaps and opportunities in support of creating scalable models
- Peer review our current tracking methodology across a range of underlying systems (Web events, Marketo, Salesforce, CX and other execution tools) to ensure we have a comprehensive data capture framework
- Acquire accurate and sufficient data from resources, internal and external required to solve the business problem
- Act as a first port of call for our North American business with all things Data & Analytics
- Able to comfortably report back on findings, facts and other descriptive analytical outputs
- Validate existing and develop new business hypotheses via a broad spectrum of data analysis techniques
- Convey meaningful insights via effective display of data analysis outcomes
- Leverage existing tools to allow us to explore data in new ways
- Able to present and communicate the technical results to non-technical and other internal stakeholders using presentation tools e.g. PowerPoint etc.
- Contribute towards the development of our Data Strategy by seeking regional input
- Deliver on Data Strategy by developing a ‘data as a product’ mindset – and think strategically about the end-to-end data value chain
- Business Analytical skills, provide insight to execute reporting needs.
What we are looking for...
- Undergraduate degree in a field linked to business, analytics, or commerce with plenty of coursework on data analytics
- 3+ years relevant industry experience, ideally as a general Data/Reporting Analyst (end-to-end) within a B2B SaaS environment
- Preferred experience working closely and supporting the Revenue/Marketing Operations workstreams
- Experience in calculating, analyzing and troubleshooting key B2B SaaS metrics groups such as Volume (prospect, Lead, MQL, SQL etc.), Conversion (first, second, third etc..) and Temporal (Velocity, Activity timestamps etc.)
- Generalist Business and Data Analysis
- Exceptionally well constructed data analysis and visualizations that tell a compelling story
- Excellent written, visual, and verbal presentation skills
- A team player, someone who values a great team culture
Familiarity with a broad base of analytics tools, processes & languages:
- Data visualization: e.g. Looker, Tableau, Mode etc.
- Data warehousing: e.g. Snowflake, RedShift etc. (able to write complex SQL queries to access data from DW etc. where needed)
- Web analytics implementation experience a plus (e.g., client-side, server-side etc.)
Some of our benefits
Nearmap takes a holistic approach to our employees’ emotional, physical and financial wellness. Our current benefits include access to the Nearmap employee share scheme, short and long-term financial incentives, flexible working options, paid volunteer days, gym and phone rebates, and lots of development opportunities including hack-a-thons and pitch-fests.
Working at Nearmap
We move fast and work smart; often wearing multiple hats. We adapted to remote working with ease and are continually looking at ways to improve. We’re proud of our inclusive, supportive culture, and maintain a safe environment where everyone feels a sense of belonging and can be themselves.
If you can see yourself working at Nearmap and feel you have the right level of experience, we invite you to get in touch.