Senior Data Analyst
CodeSignal is seeking a Senior Data Analyst to help inform strategy and empower everyone at CodeSignal to make data-driven decisions with analysis insights, self-serve reporting, and high-quality data built on robust, scaleable data infrastructure! In this role, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with business teams like Customer Success, Sales, Marketing, and Go To Market to solve business problems. We'd love to see you apply if you enjoy learning new tools, have a passion for full-stack analytics, and enjoy a hybrid role where you get to be both Analytics Engineer and Data Analyst. If you are analytical, data-driven, excited to be a mentor or leader, and eager to take your career to the next level, this could be an excellent opportunity to grow your technical skills.
CodeSignal is the leading technical interview and assessment solution, helping companies identify the right candidates with the right skills—even if they don’t have the “right” profile. Hiring and selection teams use CodeSignal to increase speed-to-hire and candidate pipeline yield, and tap into underrepresented pools of candidates. Founded in 2014, CodeSignal is trusted by leading companies like Netflix, Capital One, Robinhood, and Dropbox.
What makes a Signalite?
Signalites are the incredible people who make up CodeSignal’s global team. We believe every Signalite should be given the context to understand decisions, the freedom to act independently, and the responsibility to do what’s right. These principles build upon each other to drive motivation, speed, innovation, and a results-oriented, high-performing culture. We believe that culture is not just about principles, but also behaviors. This belief can be seen and felt in everything we do as Signalites.
- Enhance data access through standardized data models, metrics, documentation, and self-service automated reports
- Collaborate with data engineering to build new data sets and data pipelines
- Partner with business units to define key metrics and build and/or automate reporting to monitor and analyze performance
- Conduct statistical analyses to answer strategic business questions
- Perform advanced exploratory analyses on large sets of data to extract insights that will guide our customer success strategies
- At least 4 years experience as a data analyst
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in SQL and experience with cloud data warehouse such as Snowflake, Redshift, or Bigquery
- Beginning to intermediate experience with a BI Tool (e.g., Mode, Looker, Tableau)
- Experience deriving insights from complicated data with statistically rigorous analysis techniques
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, excited to partner with both engineering and business teams
- Excellent business acumen and ability to understand various departments’ role and their business needs
- Ability to synthesize complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise, and actionable manner to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Demonstrated aptitude with data quality improvements and experience creating data models, ideally with dbt
- Ability and willingness to learn new technical tools and to contribute to analytics engineering, ability to utilize technical documentation
- Experience with dbt is strongly desired
- Experience with ETL
- Proficiency in at least one scripting or statistical language (e.g., Python, R)
- Experience with experimental design & causal inference
Why You’ll Love It Here
- Competitive salaries based on local market and 401(k) match
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Team activities and get-togethers to connect with your fellow Signalites
- Unlimited PTO and remote-first work policy
- Continuous learning with educational reimbursements provided
- Equipment provision and generous home office setup stipend
- A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join a fast-growing SaaS company
We know that great work comes from great, and inclusive teams. At CodeSignal, we specifically look for individuals of varying strengths, skills, backgrounds, and ideas. We believe this gives us a competitive advantage to better serve our customers and helps us all grow as Signalites and individuals. We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. CodeSignal is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
In accordance with local regulations in jurisdictions where CodeSignal may hire, we are projecting an annual base salary in the range of $115,000-$250,000. This range is based on San Francisco benchmarks and encompasses all seniority levels eligible for this position. Offer packages often contain additional compensation in the form of commission bonuses, equity, and/or benefits. Offers are awarded on an individual basis and are subject to factors such as, without limitation, a candidate’s level of experience, growth trajectory, and local labor market. Employees' compensation is reviewed and adjusted regularly.