Product Data Scientist
About M3 Inc
Founded in 2000, with start-up investment capital from Sony, M3’s mission is to make use of the internet to increase, as much as possible, the number of people who can live longer and healthier lives, and to reduce, as much as possible, the amount of unnecessary medical costs. Key achievements of M3 Inc. include:
- Named in Fortune’s 2020 ‘Future 50’ list, ahead of Facebook and Amazon
- Ranked in Forbes’ 2020 Global 2000 list of the world’s largest public companies
- M3 is the only company incorporated after the year 2000 to be included in the Nikkei 225 Index
- Listed in Forbes’ ‘Asia’s 200 Best Over a Billion’ in 2019
- In 2020 M3 founded the ‘M3: Stop COVID-19 Fund’ and pledged one billion yen to support COVID-19 related initiatives
M3’s legacy lies in the power of trusted physician platforms. Around the world, M3 organisations leverage these highly engaged digital communities to deliver medical education, job placement, and market research, to improve global patient outcomes.
This role is part of Doctors.net.uk, a subsidiary of M3 Inc., which is an online closed community for doctors in the UK and one of the first of any networking sites to be introduced on the web. It is the UK's largest professional network of doctors. By serving to healthcare professionals and enhancing the platform, we are providing the best-in-bleed services to support pharmaceuticals and other providers to perform the best medical communications to healthcare professionals in the region.
Doctors.net.uk is seeking a Product Data Scientist to be part of Engineering Team, reporting into Head of Data, to perform the role of Business Insight Partner for the Product Team and use their expertise to define methodologies of data analysis and provide insights that will ultimately lead to production development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (overall summary of the role):
Including, but not limited to the following:
ROADMAP DATA TOOLKIT:
- Evaluate and define prioritisation metrics and evaluate progress against our company's financial targets (top down)
- Define the relative value of each of our products to create a visual representation of priority and potential success of each item on a roadmap
- Influence the strategic direction of the Product Development Roadmap by identifying opportunities with the available data sets
- Instill data-driven decision making into the product team’s methodology
- Devise a continuous multivariate testing and evaluation framework for current products/features
- Define core quantitative user behaviour research techniques to identify the spectrum of relevant user behaviour metrics and combine them with qualitative analysis, competitive analysis and financial analysis
- Observe and investigate any changes and trends in user behaviour and promptly explore and explain the reasons for the shifts
- Generate insights and testable hypotheses to improve products and features - regularly break down KPIs into the levers we have to impact them, guiding product stakeholders on where they can have an impact
- (Continue to) define KPIs on each project that can be monitored once in production
- At least 3 years’ experience in data analysis to provide insights, preferably in business decision making or product development.
- Python /R /SQL - Data Science / AI /Machine Learning expertise
- Proven Analytical Mindset defining KPIs to achieve the goals with data visualisation skills using tools like Qlik view / Qlik Sense or other Visualisation tools
- Product analyst background from Media / Publishing / Digital marketing/ E-commerce or similar background is highly desirable
- Must be a Thought Leader with experience demonstrating introducing innovation.
- Applied knowledge of data & analytics tools and approaches across all data lifecycle stages.
- Assessments and evaluating impacts of missing/unusable data; design and select features, develop, and implement statistical models using algorithms on diverse sources of data and testing and validation of models.
- Utilise analytical applications like Python/ R etc, to identify trends and relationships between different pieces of data, draw appropriate conclusions and translate analytical findings into business strategies or analytics software.
- Advanced knowledge and commercial experience using SQL and Python or R.
- Excellent understand of A/B testing and experimentation.
- Strong business acumen - user behaviour analysis through the lens of our business goals.
- Customer-centric and pragmatic mindset. Focus on value delivery and swift execution, while maintaining attention to detail.
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills -
- A bold thought partner to the product team
- A decision scientist who can help us forecast our future successes
- 25 days annual leave
- Participation in a company bonus scheme linked to personal and company performance
- Group Life Cover 4x salary
- Pension 4%/4% employee/employer contributions
- Vitality after probation
- Staff discount scheme
- Discounted gym membership