Senior Data Analyst
BlueOptima provides industry-leading objective metrics in software development using our proprietary Coding Effort Analytics. We enable large organisations to deliver better software, faster and at a lower cost. Founded in 2006, BlueOptima is a profitable, high-growth independent software company. Our unique technology was initially devised in seminal research carried out at Cambridge University.
We are headquartered in London with offices in New York, Phoenix, Bangalore, Gurgaon and Guadalajara.
BlueOptima’s technology is deployed by global enterprises to drive value from their software development activities.
We work with 12 of the Fortune 50 Companies, 4 of the top 10 biggest banks by market capitalisation and 6 of the S&P 50 Companies (by revenue).
Our technology is pushing the limits of complex analytics on large data-sets with more than 15 billion static source code metric observations of software engineers working in an Enterprise software development environment.
BlueOptima is an Equal Opportunities employer.
Whom are we looking for?
Our groundbreaking technology is built on top of billions of data points that are representative of a developer’s interaction with Source and Task tracking systems. The enormous amount of data BlueOptima processes on a daily level requires specialists to dive into the dataset, identify insights from the data points and device solutions to extend BlueOptima’s product suite.
We are looking for talented data analysts who are critical of data and curious to determine the story it narrates, do not shy away from large datasets and are aptly able to use any and all tools available at their disposal to interrogate the data.
A successful candidate will turn data into information, information into insight and insight into product features. Lead a team of analysts to analyse BlueOptima’s large datasets and build a team around themselves.
What does the role involve?
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain data systems and pipelines
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets using statistical techniques
- Implement automation, dashboards and reporting to reduce manual review of raw data to minimum required
- Collaborate with Machine learning team to complement the Model generation and performance tracking by bringing in insights in form of statistical analysis
- Work with product and business teams to identify important questions and help them answer these with data
- Mine and analyse large datasets, draw valid inferences and collaborate with Product team on feature suggestions and development
- Prepare reports for internal and external audiences using business analytics reporting tools to showcase product strengths and use cases
- Bachelor/Master’s degree in Statistical/Analytical/Mathematical Degree or equivalent expertise in an analytical role.
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant experience (Internships or Work Experience) in Data Science, Data Analytics or Business Intelligence
- Demonstrable experience of having lead a team of 2 to 3 analysts to a common goal
- Proficient in using Python for data analysis. Being able to write code beyond Jupiter notebook, which is well documented and reusable code
- Proficient in use of BI Tools like, Tableau, Grafana, Kibana, etc
- Strong understanding of SQL semantics and ability to write efficient queries to extract data from large datasets.
- Strong fundamentals in Statistical Analysis, and ability to use R/Python or a similar language for the purpose of analysing data
- Can-do attitude and does not shy away from manual review of datasets where required
Why Work For Us?
- Above market remuneration
- Stimulating challenges that fully utilise your skills
- Work on real-world technical problems to which solution cannot simply be found on the internet
- Working alongside other passionate, talented engineers
- Our fast-growing company offers the potential for rapid career progression