The world runs on open source, and projects need more than a version or source control system to scale. The Linux Foundation has evolved a proven methodology to transform projects into category leaders. LFX operationalizes this approach, providing a suite of tools built to facilitate every aspect of open source development. Critical projects must have their finger on the pulse of their entire developer ecosystem, with tools tailored to key stakeholders driving project development, including maintainers, contributors, community managers, marketers, and more.
Prefer experience working with one or more of these technologies:
- Serverless Framework
- API Gateway
- CICD Pipelines (CircleCI / Gitlab CI / Jenkins)
- Data Engineering
- ML Engineering
Must have solid experience in following areas:
- Data Science and Engineering
- Experience with large-scale data frameworks such as Spark, Hive, or Hadoop
- Proficiency in SQL and programming in Python or R
- Strong coding experience. Experience with open-source ML packages (specifically sklearn,
- Experience in Recommendation Systems, Personalization, Search, or Deep Learning
- Building web-scale parallel and distributed computing systems (optional)
- Strong background in math, statistics, or numerical computation
- AWS experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Software Engineering, CS (or similar field), or equivalent with 5+ years of relevant experience
- Strong familiarity with SQL and data modeling concepts, in either a relational or data warehousing context.
- Expert at building performant data pipelines and optimizing existing workflows using Hadoop, Spark, Pig, Hive, Presto, Trino etc.
- Experience in Python/Golang/Node.js to write automation
- Experience with AWS including strong expertise in managing EMR
- Understanding/experience of CI/CD, and various other DevOps tools
- Experience working on Cloud Infrastructure and SaaS Products
The Linux Foundation is a largely all-remote workforce that hires top-notch talent. We are as passionate of providing a flexible and supportive work culture as we are in Open Source Software. Collaboration is in our DNA, and we pride ourselves on being able to work closely together while not being tied to an office. We offer exceptional benefits - e.g., Fantastic health care, Unlimited PTO, 100% 401k match, profit-sharing, and exceptional healthcare plans.