Senior Data Scientist
Aeyon - US
Posted: 3 months ago
The Aeyon Data and Analytics Center of Excellence delivers data analysis expertise and solutions that exceed expectations for Aeyon and its clients. We are expanding our team and are looking for a senior-level data scientist.
We are looking for a well-rounded data scientist with expertise in a variety of different types of analyses (e.g., statistics, classification, regression, clustering, NLP, AI/ML, data visualization, etc.) using a variety of tools (e.g., Python, Spark, SQL, Tableau, PowerBI, etc.) against different domains. The keys to success in this role include a willingness to learn, a can-do attitude, and an aptitude for solving hard problems.
As a member of our team, you will:
- Participate and promote companywide data and technology initiatives to raise awareness and increase data acumen, especially regarding tools, methods, and best practices.
- Support marketing and business development efforts.
- Lead and/or contribute to data science projects utilizing a variety of data science skills and methods. The projects may be performed to improve internal business operations or be in support of contractual deliverables. Contributions may include:
- Provide subject matter expertise across the organization and to clients.
- Provide data and analytics guidance regarding data handling, analysis, and visualization
- Develop prototypes and proofs-of-concept to demonstrate approaches.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of data science approaches, technologies, etc.
CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS: Secret or TS/SCI eligible
- Mandatory: Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college.
- Waivable/Substitutable: Four years of work/military experience working in the analysis field.
- CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: None
- 10+ years of Hands-on experience performing data analyses using common data science tools and methods.
- Experience leading data science projects
- Experience with data modeling
- Experience visualizing analytic results and presenting findings.
- Ability to adapt analytic processes to different/new analyses
- Ability to program in Python
- Experience with common Python Data Science libraries (Pandas, SKLearn, NumPy, Scipy, Pyspark, etc.)
- Ability to learn new skills
Nice to have:
- Experience working with the U.S. Department of Defense and the U.S. government on areas concerning national security, business operations, strategy, and government efficacy.
- Familiarity with data engineering
- Experience with big data tools and cloud platforms.