Data Science Product Manager
We are Dext. Our suite of tools makes accountants more productive, profitable and powerful. In doing so we give them back the most precious commodity, time, which they can then use to add greater value to their clients.
Accountants and bookkeepers are the backbone of every successful business. For more than a decade we’ve empowered our partners with innovative technology solutions to make businesses better. Dext allows them to meet the challenges they face today, tomorrow and in the future.
We are now seeking an experienced Product Manager to help with our continuous efforts to improve the level of automation we bring to our extraction processes.
The role (what you’ll do):
- Manage the data extraction lifecycle, you will be responsible for determining what 'success' looks like taking into consideration a number of macro and micro factors
- Research new ways to improve our automation processes; working closely with our machine learning lead and lead data scientist on requirements, data capture, sampling..ultimately using the tools at your disposable to spot actionable insights
- Channel the voice of the customer to ensure data outputs are in line with user goals
- Evaluate and implement new product ideas
- Work closely with the wider product team and stakeholders to align on product releases and team roadmaps
- Ensure that stakeholder needs are considered and evaluated during the development stages
About you (what we are looking for):
- Equally comfortable using reporting tools such as Looker, Snowflake, SQL as well as building simple data science models in a notebook.
- Successful candidates in the past have come from a data science background or product analysts who have applied data science techniques.
- Ideally previous Product Management experience in a fast-paced technology business. Some experience of advising/making product led decisions is needed.
- Ideally, previous experience in a SaaS, rapid growth environment
- Capable of making data driven decisions
- Stakeholder management
- Managing and prioritising a backlog
These are our ideal requirements, but we hire on potential, not just on experience, and we know that some people are less likely to apply for a role if they don’t meet 100% of the criteria. At Dext we are committed to cultivating a diverse, inclusive and empowering culture, so please apply if you meet the majority of these competencies.
What you will be a part of:
We are a highly ambitious, innovative, market-leading FinTech. We are a global, well-funded business but have the dexterity and pace of a scale-up. We are uncompromising in our desire to achieve our best, day-in day-out, and we have three clear values which guide everything we do:
- Be Brave - Everyone in the company has a voice to challenge ideas and the status quo.
- Be Exceptional - We set high standards for ourselves. We aim to be exceptional at what we do.
- Be Together - We are one team. There is no such thing as individual success without team success.