Senior Data Scientist
Adarga is a rapidly scaling organisation, and we are growing our technology department. As a Senior Data Scientist within the product team, you will bring your expertise to a full stack technology team working to solve Natural Language Processing (NLP) linguistic challenges. Adarga is product focussed and is developing the world’s leading AI software to provide effortless access to knowledge from real world data and enable our customers to make better decisions.
We are a remote first organisation with 90 people based across the United Kingdom.
What will you be doing?
We are looking for an experienced Data Scientist with a strong mathematical background and experience in NLP. You will be hands-on with day-to-day project work focussed on developing the best solutions to deliver a roadmap which is aligned to core product features. You will also work alongside a product manager to develop new features. The senior data scientist will be working on projects which continually develop and improve our AI software using the appropriate MLOps tools to deploy, scale and monitor models in production.
As the Senior Data Scientist, you will report to the product tech lead and Data Science Manager.
- Detailed knowledge of AI techniques, including how to train, fine tune and apply deep learning models.
- NLP research is advancing at a rapid pace, an enthusiasm for continual learning is required to maintain your expertise.
- An experimentation mindset to solve business problems.
- Experience building Data Science solutions in a commercial environment and the ability to quantify improvements based upon analysis.
- Good awareness of software engineering and coding best practices.
- Excellent communication skills and awareness of project management techniques, capable of operating within a team of 6-7 people to influence and develop best practice.
- Ability to thrive effectively in predominantly remote working environment.
- PhD or equivalent professional experience in a data science role.
Nice to have skills
- Experience of modern NLP techniques is an advantage.
- Experience of using data science platforms and frameworks, for data tagging, model training and benchmarking.
- Experience building and deploying solutions to the Cloud.
- Experience of the following technologies would be beneficial, Python, Seldon, Helm, Pachyderm, AWS or other cloud technologies, Kubernetes, Docker, Knowledge graphs, Graph databases, SQL and Relational databases.
At Adarga we use Kanban principles and daily stand-ups to track work tasks and it will be your responsibility to attend these and document your work to ensure it is repeatable.
It will be necessary to take part in cross functional and cross team communication to enhance collaboration, these will take the form of knowledge shares, reading groups, chapter group meetings, workshops and innovation projects. You will be set quarterly OKR’s and these will be reviewed frequently with your line manager. As a senior member of the team, you may be required to mentor junior team members, contribute to technology discussions, support academic and AI community engagements, marketing events, and recruitment activities.
- Hybrid working model available
- Adarga anywhere scheme offers you the chance to work wherever you like for part of the year
- Generous holiday package with an opportunity to buy and sell holiday
- Adarga share scheme available for all employees
- £1000 annual training budget
- Culture of knowledge sharing with Team Lunch and Learns
- Innovation Time- Collaborate with like-minded colleagues on projects that are important to you and the business
- Company MacBook
- Competitive Pension Scheme