Senior Data Analyst
We are looking for its first Senior Data Analyst to join the team and help build out a new Business Intelligence function in the company. You will help the business uncover growth opportunities, better understand our customer base, and improve the team’s ability to solve large-scale problems through automation. You will be responsible for maintaining and enhancing our data & analytics stack, including data warehouse (Snowflake, Fivetran) and business intelligence platform (PowerBI), and partner with teams across the organization to uncover valuable insights and solve their data needs. You are able to distill complex data into clear, articulate insights and stories.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Finance, Marketing, Product and Sales & Operations to gather and refine data requirements, understand the question that needs to be answered, and devise analytics solution
- Example questions you’ll help the team to answer and automate reporting for: What are the best selling bundles? What percentage of our orders are returned vs exchanged? What merchandising strategy is most effective at acquiring customers vs retaining them? Which customer segments are most valuable based on what they’ve purchased? How do international customers behave vs U.S customers?
- Manage our business intelligence platform PowerBI, including data modeling, defining internal standards for style, building/maintaining automated reporting, and educating end users on best practices for data analysis.
- Ensure the data warehouse and infrastructure is up to date and working through light data engineering
- Identify areas for optimization, automation, and growth through data, presenting recommendations to leadership team
- Handle ad hoc reporting and analytics requests while addressing long-term stakeholder goals and ensuring we’re solving the right problems
- Train individuals and teams on how to use their dashboards and reports while empowering them to use data to drive their decisions
- 5+ years of experience in a data & analytics role with experience in business intelligence tools like PowerBI
- Working knowledge of data engineering to maintain data warehouses like Snowflake
- Strong knowledge of SQL and data manipulation skills, proficient in query development
- Curious and resourceful with a natural ability to solve problems and seek new information
- Excellent communication and presentation skills to storytell and influence others
- Analytical, detail-oriented, and organized, with the ability to multitask and reprioritize projects frequently
- Able to partner with different stakeholders across the organization and translate their needs into technical requirements
- Passionate about our mission to redefine body standards