TravelNest is an Edinburgh founded travel-tech startup. We help Owners of holiday vacation rental properties maximise their performance in a global Guest market. Today with our platform a Host can upload their property details once and be advertised for bookings across 30+ top travel sites including Airbnb, Booking.com, and Expedia.
Our ambition is to become the place a Host markets and manages their property. Providing everything from channel listings, to operational services, to facilitating direct bookings. A “super app” for vacation rental owners.
About the Role
At present we're a small data team working closely with marketing, customer experience and product engineering teams on the full breadth of data work. We're doing everything from building data pipelines and defining and creating datasets, to building reports and dashboards, to more advanced data science and analytics. By joining our growing team you can help us translate business problems into practical, digestible analytics aiding our teams to be data informed and make better decisions. We are currently a team of 55 based across the UK working remotely/hybrid, following a recent funding round we have ambitious plans to scale our team and grow our product.
Our main dashboarding and reporting tools are Looker and Google Data Studio. While this is our current setup, we're not constrained by this stack. There's flexibility to choose the right tool for the job if that will deliver the outcomes we need.
What you'll do
You'll bring our data together and make it available to TravelNest so we can all make better decisions on a daily basis.
What does that mean in practice? In any given week you could be:
- Defining core business metrics, creating dashboards and tools to monitor the health of the business
- You will be the data visualisation expert for the company helping to create a culture where our teams are evidence and data led
- You will collaborate with the wider data team, partnering with data engineering to reconcile data, ensure accuracy, quality and integrity throughout our data flow
- Collaborate closely with business leaders to inform on business strategy for future optimisation and growth
- You will spot trends and share actionable insights
- You are confident in presenting business recommendations and influencing stakeholders
- You are comfortable analysing data from multiple sources, bringing this together and distilling down into useful analytics
- Working with data scientists to build more advanced analytics into the product or to serve model outputs to teams around the business
What we're looking for
- Previous Experience as a Data Analyst or Data Scientist
- Strong exploratory and data analysis and visualisation skills
- Deeply numerate and thrive in a software development environment where there is a deep connection between building great software products and data
- Confident presenting data to different audiences across our teams
- Experience using analytical tools such as Excel,
- Experience using SQL for accessing and manipulating data
- Experience processing large datasets (We also use Python extensively for more advanced analytical work. We use Git to version control all of our analytical projects)
- Previous experience accessing data in cloud computing environments (we use AWS for all of our data and engineering work e.g. S3 for data storage and AWS Glue/Athena for data warehousing and querying)
- Comfortable proactively managing your priorities, connecting these to business impact and displaying a high level of ownership and accountability towards your goals
- Excellent written and verbal English communication
We offer a competitive salary, stock options, a great working environment and the opportunity to grow our product and business together.
We have recently hired fully remote employees throughout the UK and as we scale we endeavor to have a Remote-first/hybrid working environment.