Senior Data Scientist
SmartRecruiters understands that people are the heart of an organization. That’s why we’ve built our modern Talent Acquisition Platform to help companies hire the best! As the hiring success company, we enjoy a collaborative office environment that’s casual and dog-friendly. We understand that working hard means you should play hard too, that’s why we offer competitive salaries, generous equity, and strong career progression opportunities.
We are looking for a Senior Data Scientist to join our AI team to help build innovative, data-driven recruiting services. Working closely with R&D leaders, product managers, software engineers, and business leaders, you’ll create classifiers and machine learning models to clean up and categorize raw data. It will be your responsibility to constantly analyse and experiment with prediction quality and find new ways to make sense of data to better support recruiting processes. As a key member of our team you’ll have a unique opportunity to help us achieve our goals by solving complex data science problems, e.g. predicting how well a candidate will fit a job, how a candidate is likely to progress in their career, what skills a candidate needs. If that excites you, then we can’t wait to connect.
What you’ll deliver:
- Exploratory analyses and proof of concept models for innovative products.
- Product features that communicate actionable data insights to recruiters and candidates.
- Robust, production-ready machine learning models that serve as the basis for intelligent product features.
- Active monitoring and continuous improvement of production models.
- Contribution to technological, architectural and infrastructural decisions that concern data, e.g. platform solutions, database solutions, data formats.
- Data initiatives to foster a data culture within the team and across the business.
- Support in planning data projects by providing technical guidance and facilitating smooth releases.
- While we look carefully at the circumstances of each case individually, most candidates who have performed well in similar senior positions have a Masters/PhD degree in Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science or related field, and at least three years’ work experience.
- Practical experience pre-processing unstructured textual data and developing NLP models, practical experience developing recommendation systems or some other specialisation that you think could break new ground in the recruiting/career management space!
- Proficiency in Python, including go-to data science libraries within the Python tool stack (Numpy, Pandas, Scikit-Learn, Tensorflow).
- Experience querying both SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Strong command of English language, both written and verbal.
Nice to have:
- Habit of writing clean, readable, well-organized, and well-tested code
- Experience with graph databases, the semantic web, and/or other modern ways of structuring data and information.
- Experience with distributed processing frameworks such as Apache Spark and AWS EMR.
- Experience deploying data applications within different environments.
- Experience developing data pipelines.
You will join us during arguably the most interesting stage of our company. This is an opportunity for you to take on full ownership of a key area and bring it to life. We’re an international team with members from Germany, USA, Sweden, Spain, Italy, China, Greece, France, Poland, Iran, Tunisia, Colombia, and South Sudan.
SmartRecruiters has transformed the hiring process by reducing the stress that comes along with attracting, finding, engaging, and hiring new talent. Leading enterprises like IKEA, Visa, Marc Jacobs, and Square have abandoned their outdated Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS), for our all-in-one platform. What once started as a freemium product, has now turned into the world’s fastest growing enterprise solution.