Senior Data Scientist
We’re on a mission to get more money in the hands of more women+. We’re looking for a dedicated Senior Data Science and Analytics professional to join our team. You will work to provide the analysis and insights that can drive our decision making and strategic planning processes.
In this role, you will be responsible for collaborating with stakeholders to develop meaningful analytical solutions that help us make decisions and tell a great story. You will also have the opportunity to build and produce scalable models to acquire members, recommend products and next steps, identify customer segments, and boost membership, user engagement, and revenue. We’re growing quickly, and we’re looking for a passionate, experienced, and outcome-driven leader to develop and grow a team dedicated to enabling our organization with analytics and insights.
- Develop the Data & Analytics strategy, capabilities and agenda with key stakeholders; establish a long-term roadmap for providing deep business intelligence.
- Drive data-driven decisions and advance our data-focused culture. Proactively identify business opportunities and risks within the model to help the organization reach its goals.
- Collaborate with cross-functional leaders to define the metrics & KPIs that drive results, enable our teams to leverage data to improve performance, and design experiments that provide insights
- Work with stakeholders across the business to develop requirements and data models that support business initiatives.
- Build data-based tools and models for continuous product performance monitoring and optimization
- Build and develop machine learning models to make the product more dynamic
- Research & implement new statistical or other mathematical methodologies as needed for specific models or analysis
- Maintain high quality reporting /dashboards that present insights derived from data across the organization.
- At least 6+ years of professional data analysis/business intelligence experience
- Creative thinker on both a strategic and tactical level, with a strong bias to action.
- Self-directed, ambitious, team player, and a strong communicator
- Extensive background in data mining and statistical analysis; excellent pattern recognition and predictive modeling skills
- Significant experience in manipulating data including use of SQL queries, API calls and ETL methods
- A degree or professional experience in applied mathematics, statistics or computer science
- Experience working with data visualization or business intelligence tools (Tableau, Chart.io, Metabase etc.)
- Passion for our mission
Do you think you could thrive in this role?
Please send us your application — even if you don’t check every single box. No two people’s career paths look exactly alike, and skill sets come in many different forms. We can’t wait to hear about yours.
Ellevest is a fast-growing, venture-backed financial services start-up built by women, for women. Our mission is to get more money in the hands of women, no matter where they’re starting or how far they’ve come. We started by building the only gender-aware online investing platform that takes totally un-ignorable realities (like pay gaps, different salary curves, and women’s longer lifespans) into account. Then we added banking, learning, and money and career coaching services for Ellevest members, plus a full-service private wealth management service that helps high net worth people, families, and institutions align their financial power with their values.
Ellevest was co-founded by Wall Street veteran Sallie Krawcheck after she realized that the financial services industry was built by men, for men, systemically leaving women behind. During her Wall Street days, she served as CEO of Smith Barney, CEO of Merrill Lynch Wealth Management, and CFO of Citi.
Working at Ellevest
Ellevest was founded in New York City, but today, our fully remote team is spread across the whole United States. As a member of the team, you can expect to do work that directly impacts our mission and the lives of real women every day.
Data shows that diverse teams are more innovative, make better decisions, and lead to greater employee engagement. When hiring, we look for culture add, not culture fit. That means hiring people who bring new perspectives and different experiences to our team.
We’re also dedicated to building a work environment where everyone on our team can grow and thrive, with flexible working hours and time off; remote work policies designed for transparency and effective cross-team collaboration; ongoing team building and professional development; and more.