Founded in 2020, SkillUp Coalition is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit dedicated to helping millions of frontline workers obtain in-demand jobs in high-growth industries. The Coalition is composed of over 60 training and education providers, employers, tech firms and philanthropies, which enables partners to share best practices, collaborate on shared challenges, and participate in public engagement campaigns that help displaced workers begin a prosperous new stage in their careers.
SkillUp gives frontline workers the opportunity to build new skills that are suited to in-demand jobs with promising career paths. Since its July 2020 launch, nearly 500,000 workers have visited our curated platform at SkillUp.org, which provides access to three services:
- Career Navigation — Our tools and resources guide frontline workers in choosing a career path that aligns with the economy of the future (partners include Guild Education, Inside Track)
- Training Programs — We help learners find programs that match their career goals and provide funding options to help them cover tuition costs (partners include Generation, edX, YearUp)
- Job Opportunities — We connect workers to open roles or earn-and-learn pathways that match workers’ career aspirations (partners include Walmart, Coolsys, Paschall Trucklines)
All positions at SkillUp are remote, enabling team members to work from anywhere in the US. With such an important mission, we take our work seriously, but we don’t take ourselves seriously. We are building a diverse team from all types of backgrounds, so if you feel like you have the ability to perform the responsibilities of the following job description, please consider applying!
SkillUp seeks a curious, creative, dynamic, and passionate Data Scientist who will be responsible for providing the Leadership Team with the analytics, dashboards, and reports across the organization, including Product, Marketing, Partnerships, and Fundraising.
This role is a remote, full-time opportunity.
In this position you will:
- Use your skills to explore and identify trends related to productivity of product offerings and site assets.
- Draw actionable insights from various datasets through effective data visualizations and storytelling
- Conduct analysis that includes data gathering and requirements specification, processing, analysis, ongoing deliverables, and presentations.
- Deep dive into marketing analytics to gauge success for awareness and customer acquisition campaigns
- Deep dive into Google analytics, adoption, and relevance of SkillUp websites
- Identify, secure and overlay existing 3rd party data sources (e.g., equifax) to augment the information available to SkillUp.
- Conduct ad-hoc analyses exploring topics of interest to SkillUp and our funders.
- Interact cross-functionally, making recommendations at multiple levels of stakeholders.
- Research and develop analysis, forecasting, and optimization methods to improve the quality of SkillUp’s internal and external practices and services.
- Compare analytics across different geographic regions to determine most effective marketing and product tactics to reach audience
- Enhance data collection efforts to capture and report on user feedback, training outcomes, and employment outcomes
- Prepare infographics to visually present key findings to internal and external partners
- Analyzing labor market data to determine best career paths for most economic mobility
- 2+ years experience in Data Science roles or similar research activities
- Have deep statistical knowledge, utilizing in A/B testing, analyzing observational data, modeling, and other statistical concepts
- Experience articulating and translating organizational questions and using statistical techniques to arrive at an answer using available data
- Strong critical thinking and active listening skills to infer organizational needs and ability to work closely with leadership team at a strategic level
- Experience with statistical software (e.g., R, Python) and database languages (e.g., SQL)
- Experience coding with a general purpose programming language (i.e. Java, C/C++, Python) preferred
- Strong data visualization skills
- Can work independently and collaboratively.
- Ability to exhibit flexibility, initiative, and innovation to succeed in an ambiguous and fast-paced environment
- Healthcare: We pay 100% of your medical, dental, and vision coverage and 50% of the premium for your spouse and dependents.
- Retirement: We have a 401k Program with company matching.
- Paid Time Off: We value work-life balance and encourage our team members to take time off. In addition to 12 Paid Company Holidays, we offer the following paid time off:
- 20 Paid PTO days (25 PTO days after reaching the three-year mark)
- 5 Sick days
- Two weeks of company shutdown during the week of July 4th and between Christmas and New Year’s
- 2 “Floater” days to be used at your discretion
- Parental Leave: To help support new parents in the workplace, we offer 12 weeks of paid parental leave.
- Mental Health and other Supports: We live in a stressful world that can affect us physically and emotionally,. To support workers’ well-being, we offer, at no cost to workers, mental health support services through BetterHelp.com. We also offer at no cost to workers, Life Insurance, Short Term Disability, and Long Term Disability benefits.
- Flexible Work Schedules: We are 100% remote for the foreseeable future, and will continue to offer flexible schedules. Our policies and norms around work schedules are a recognition that we care about work outcomes over time spent at the office.
- Professional Development: We believe that developing our team members’ skills is a pathway to accomplishing our mission. To this end, we offer you $1,000 annually for the professional development opportunities of your choice.
- Home Office: We will purchase a work computer for you. We offer a new hire home office stipend up to $500 for the cost of setting up your home for the office as well as a $75 monthly broadband reimbursement.
At SkillUp, our mission is to help workers get rehired for in-demand jobs in high-growth industries. Success in this mission requires that we don’t just accept difference—but that we celebrate it and embrace the diverse community and backgrounds individuals come from. In short, it’s one of our key values.