We are looking to add a certified Data Analyst to our team who will help us turn data into information, gain insights, and develop business decisions based on the analysis results. This individual reports to the CTO and will deliver meaningful analysis of our consumer's experience. The Data Analyst is part of the engineering team and is primarily responsible for analyzing data and producing reports, graphs, and charts utilizing SQL and modern BI Tools. Additionally, the Data Analyst will participate in engineering projects to ensure relevant data is captured within all systems.
Data Analyst responsibilities are:
- Using data mining to extract information from data sets and identify correlations and patterns.
- Organizing and transforming information into comprehensible structures.
- Using data to predict trends in the customer base.
- Interpreting data, analyzing results using statistical techniques.
- Using BI tools and techniques to visualize data in easy-to-understand formats, such as diagrams and graphs.
- Preparing reports and presenting these to management and or clients.
- Communicating with stakeholders to understand data content and business requirements.
- Monitoring data quality and removing/correcting corrupt data.
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems.
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques.
Data Analyst requirements are:
- 2 - 5 years of reporting or data analytics experience or experience working in a Data Analyst or Business Data Analyst position
- Significant experience of working with data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Proficiency in SQL, QuickSight, databases (Postrgres, MySQL) is required
- Proficiency in Office Suites and various other business applications
- Experience with writing ETL scripts in Python
- Experience with customer data platforms (CDP) such as Segment, AppsFlyer and Google Analytics is a plus
- Excellent knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets, including Excel, SPSS, SAS, etc.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Adept at queries, report writing, presenting, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to operate effectively as part of a project team or individually
- BS Degree in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics is a plus but not a must.
- Option to be fully remote but must be able to work during normal business hours
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance