Senior Frontend Software Engineer
Shopify’s mission is to make commerce better for everyone. From building a new product feature for our commerce platform, to helping a merchant troubleshoot an issue over the phone, we want to empower our ecosystem through our work.
Having a unified vision, a north star, is vitally important to ensure that we are all headed in the same direction. No matter the size or experience, we want to power every merchant’s experience. This is why we're all here.
Shopify is now permanently remote and we're working towards a future that is digital by default. That location you see above? Consider it merely an example of hundreds of potential locations across North America where Shopify is hiring.
Shopify is on a fast-moving mission to make the best products for merchants, buyers, and partners around the globe — and developers play a vital role in building that future. Here are just some of the stories from the engineering teams who build and scale Shopify.
What does Front End Development mean at Shopify?
What you’ll do as a Senior Frontend Software Engineer at Shopify:
- Collaborating with other designers and engineers
- Creating beautiful and fast code that improves our code base in meaningful ways
- Using test-driven development to write well-tested code
- Fixing bugs fast and taking your time to solve hard problems well
- Contributing back to the open source community
- Experience and skills that are important for success in this role:
- Curiosity and passion to constantly learn new things; Shopify changes fast, and we need the people who work here to be able to change and learn fast too
- Experience with relational databases and SQL
- Bonus Points: You’ve mentored teammates on new ways to deepen their technical craft
Shopify is now permanently remote and working towards a future that is digital by default.