Senior Java Developer
aymentology is the first truly global issuer-processor, giving banks and fintechs the technology, team, and experience to rapidly issue and process Mastercard, Visa, and UnionPay cards across more than 50 countries, at scale.
Our advanced, multi-cloud platform, offering both shared and dedicated processing instances, vast global presence, and richer, real-time data, set us apart as the leader in payments.
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated Senior Java developer to join our team and contribute to our initiative of improving our existing platform. We seek a developer who values the importance of code readability, modularity, and maintainability. The ideal candidate will have good experience in Java development and a strong understanding of software development best practices. As a member of our team, you will be responsible for writing high-quality, maintainable, and scalable code that is easy to read, test, and modify.
What you get to do:
- Write clean, self-explanatory, and well-documented code that is easy to read and understand.
- Design and implement small, modular functions with clear and descriptive names.
- Ensure code consistency by following established coding styles, naming conventions, and formatting guidelines.
- Maintain a modular and highly cohesive codebase by dividing the code into domains, business logic, ports, and modules.
- Design code around interfaces, not implementations, to enhance code reuse and maintainability.
- Write code that is easy to test and reproduce with tests first.
- Ensure that code is secure and complies with industry-standard security protocols.
- Optimize code efficiency and scalability by using best practices and modern technologies.
- Collaborate with other developers and stakeholders to identify and implement new features that improve the platform's usability, maintainability, and scalability.
- Optimize code efficiency, observability, and scalability by using best practices and modern technologies, such as gRPC, Kafka, Docker containers, OpenTelemetry, and Prometheus.
- Good understanding of software development methodologies, design patterns, and best practices.
- Experience in writing clean, maintainable, and scalable code using Java and related technologies.
- Experience in designing and implementing small, modular functions with clear and descriptive names.
- Understanding of database design and development using Hibernate ORM and Liquibase (PostgreSQL knowledge is a plus).
- Experience in designing code around interfaces to enhance code reuse and maintainability.
- Good to have experience in writing secure code that complies with industry standards (like OWASP, NIST, PCI-DSS, ISO 27001).
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to communicate your work and progress to the team.
Our company is committed to providing a supportive environment with all the resources and support needed to succeed. If you are a skilled developer looking for a challenging and rewarding opportunity to make a significant impact on a widely-used platform, please apply.
We look forward to hearing from you!
What you can look forward to:
At Paymentology we value making a difference to the lives of the people who work for us and who live in the communities where we operate. You can look forward to working with a diverse, global team where Paymentologists at all levels play an important part in our global mission to advance the world through payments and make a difference on a global scale.