Senior Software Developer
Posted: a year ago
Who are we?
We're LaunchGood. A global crowdfunding platform to support Muslims launching good all across the world by helping them raise funds for their campaigns. We believe Muslims can be a wellspring of solutions and have incredible values to share with the world.
What started as an online crowdfunding platform has grown into a network of nearly a million users. Together, we can change our communities, our countries, and the world - one ambitious project at a time!
Who are you?
- Passionate about making an impact
- Self-driven & eager to learn new technologies
- Intellectually curious, interested to build complex systems
- Thrive in a highly independent, remote-first environment
- Keen to work with a globally diverse team
- Stack includes: Node.js, Angular, & Tailwind UI
What you'll do
- Work on products & features that user's love, making a direct impact for communities around the globe
- Design & build standards-based APIs using Open API (Swagger), JSON schema, yaml, & Node.js (Nest.js) on the back end
- Create user experiences using JAM stack architecture with Angular & Tailwind UI on the front-end
- Relentlessly drive enhancements & take full ownership to push them across the finish line, into the hands of our users
- Champion improvements by working across the product & design teams
- Deliver systems that handle high-volumes with high-availability
- 7+ years experience within a product-oriented software engineering team
- Experience with TDD workflow and all manner of test automation
- Experience working fully remote & with teams that span multiple timezones
- Strong relational database design savvy & solid experience with MySQL
- Some experience with CI/CD systems, managed infrastructure, etc.
- Knowledge of messaging systems such as RabbitMQ or similar
- Knowledge of standards-based REST APIs using Open API
- Knowledge of modern cache system such as Elastic Search, Algolia, or similar
- Basic dev-ops knowledge; working knowledge of Docker, etc.
Pay commensurate with experience & location.
Other perks include: $2,000 Equipment - Unlimited Paid Time off - Health Benefits/Stipend
Our hiring process:
- Self-Led Coding Challenge (30 minutes)
- 2 x Technical Panel Interviews
- Reference Check
- Offer Letter