Backend Engineer PHP
The first-ever Managed WordPress Hosting Platform, Pagely is the market leader in innovation, speed, scalability, and security, with thousands of clients trusting our impressive and forward-thinking infrastructure. Our clients range from the largest tech companies, to universities, creative agencies, city and state governments, magazines, ski resorts, and other large and midsize businesses. We’ve done it by sticking true to the singular focus of treating our customers right.
Engineering at Pagely
We are looking for a skilled engineer who is confident in full stack architecture and working with collaborative, globally distributed teams. The ideal candidate experienced and confident enough to hit the ground running. A laid back personality is a plus.
What You’ll Do:
- Build efficient, testable, and reusable PHP modules.
- Develop REST APIs.
- Build back end website applications.
- Solve complex performance problems and architectural challenges.
- Collaborate with the product and the rest of the engineering team to design and launch new features.
- Maintain code integrity and organization.
- Meet both technical and consumer needs.
- Strong knowledge of modern PHP development using micro-frameworks.
- Knowledge of object oriented PHP programming.
- Understanding of MVC design patterns - bonus for ADR.
- Understanding accessibility and security compliance.
- Strong knowledge of the common PHP or web server exploits and their solutions.
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application.
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments.
- Familiarity with limitations of PHP as a platform and its workarounds.
- Familiarity with microservices.
- Strong understanding of Unit Tests and Integration Tests - both front and back ends.
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes.
- Familiarity with SQL/NoSQL databases and their declarative query languages.
- Top notch communication skills.
- Experience working remotely or with a distributed team.
$70k - $165k/yr USD Depending on Experience and Geographic Cost of Living
- 100% Remote Work
- Competitive Salary Commensurate with Experience and Cost of Living
- Health, Vision, Dental, Long Term Disability Coverage (US Residents)
- 401k w/ 4% match (US Residents)
- Generous Paid Vacation
- Paid Parental Leave