Senior Software Developer
American Logistics Company, LLC is a growing, entrepreneurial, software development company in the passenger transportation industry. We use a custom-built platform to dispatch, track, and report on thousands of trips for our customers every single day. We are pushing boundaries in databases, mapping, scheduling, routing, and optimization.
The Sr. Software Developer will be working with a small distributed team, and a variety of technical team members (software developers, QA, systems engineers, DBAs, and PMs). You will work collaboratively, use Kanban for task management, and attend daily Stand Up meetings for coordination. Our processes and systems are geared towards making us lean, efficient and effective, and we will expect you to push these initiatives further.
Sr. Software Developer Responsibilities:
- Execute full life cycle software development
- Perform code assignments
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code
- Review code work for accuracy and functionality
- Create and implement design plans
- Design test plans and scripts from project requirements
- Integrate software components into a fully functional software system
- Document and maintain software functionality
- Maintain accurate tracking of issues and work items
- Lead internal software development team
- 5+ years within Software Engineering/Development discipline
- Experience working with .Net (and/or Java)
- Working knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes
- Knowledge of relational and non-relational databases, SQL and ORM technologies
- Experience with Azure DevOps or Jira
- Azure AKS
- Familiarity with identity frameworks such as OpenID
- Hybrid Cloud/OnPrem Systems
- Experience with Node.JS, Python, and or Go languages
- Experience with automated testing
- Experience with Source Control such as Git
- Experience with Continuous Integration environments
- Experience with transportation-related technologies
- Being passionate is important. Your systems will support our aggressive growth as a company. We want you to own the projects you work on, and make them the best they can be. Transportation is an exciting and dynamic field, and we are looking for somebody who can get excited about transforming it.
- We need somebody who communicates well. Being able to communicate well in the English language, both written and verbal, is important. You will end up working with people other than developers & technical team members (end users, company management, etc.).
- We require a willingness to adapt and learn. Nobody knows everything, and we don't expect you to either. You will need the ability to pick things up quickly and be nimble in your approach.
- If located outside of the Saint George Utah area travel to Saint George will be required once a quarter.
- Work-life balance
- Potential for advancement within the organization
- Benefit Package that includes:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Company paid life insurance
- Company paid disability insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time off
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan (with employer match after 1 year of employment
American Logistics offers a unique work culture that allows people to make a difference and thrive. We value our employees' feedback and ideas, and view them as critical to our success.