Apollo.io's mission is to help every business to fulfill their full market potential by connecting companies with amazing solutions with those who need them most. We've built a database of 250 million business contacts and 10 million companies, and our software helps sales and marketing identify and convert their most likely potential customers. We've raised over $10 million from Silicon Valley investors such as Y Combinator, Nexus Venture Partners, SV Angel, and Social Capital, and are profitable and continuously growing. We're headquartered in San Francisco, CA with a brilliant worldwide remote team.
Apollo is the foundation of your entire go-to-market strategy.
Your Role & Mission
As the Software Engineer, you will be a critical part of our growing company, working on a cross-functional team to implement best practices in technology, architecture, and process. You'll have the chance to work in an open and collaborative environment, receive and give hands-on mentorship and have opportunities to grow and accelerate your career. You love both learning and teaching. In this role, you will be interfacing with design, front-end, analytics, as well as teams outside of Engineering; you enjoy working across teams to solve hard problems. At Apollo, you strive for quality, and are obsessed with improving quality, automation, and squashing any bugs that sneak through.
Our tech stack is React/Redux/NodeJS on the front end, Ruby/Ruby on Rails/Python/MongoDB/Elasticsearch on the backend, and Kubernetes/Docker/Ansible/Terraform in infrastructure.
Examples of work that Software Engineers do at Apollo:
- Scrape news from more than 1000+ sources every day. Apply NLP to categorize the news, and alert users based on their preference.
- Design, build, and scale machine learning pipelines that analyze and score user’s data based on billions of signals that we scrape from tens of millions of websites.
- Design, build, and scale complex and highly customizable analytics engines to help clients track success metrics while using our platform.
- Build a phone call system that allows users to make phone calls on the platform and track their phone call history. Apply NLP on the recording to help our customer analyze their phone calls and improve performance.
- Strong object oriented design and programming skills
- Ability to take ownership over everything you ship; you'd never call code "released" until you’re confident it’s correct
- Confident in owning your role, and bringing creative ideas to the hands of our users
- Your code is comprehensible, well-structured, highly performant; your best days at work are in front of the computer cranking out code on your own.
- You love both learning and teaching. In this role, you will be interfacing with design, front-end, back-end, analytics, as well as teams outside of Engineering; you enjoy working across teams to solve hard problems.
- You strive for quality, and are obsessed with unit tests, automation, and squashing any bugs that sneak through.
- Work closely with CTO, VP or Product, and our extremely small & agile engineer team to design, iterate upon, as well as implement core product initiatives.
- Backend development of RESTful services in Python, Ruby on Rails, MongoDB, and Elasticsearch
- Scaling existing backend systems to handle ever increasing amounts of traffic and new product requirements
- Help maintain code quality, organization, automation and continuous delivery
Skills and Relevant Experiences
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science
- Minimum 3 years of industry experience in backend development, developing large-scale applications
- Experience with database modelling (SQL or NoSQL both OK)
- Experience with using and designing RESTful services
- You have strong knowledge of computer science fundamentals, including data structures, algorithms, and object-oriented design
- A creative and innovative problem solver & previous experience working in an agile, startup environment.
Great to Have
- Familiarity with Ruby on Rails, React, MongoDB, and ElasticSearch
- Experience with Web scraping (Mechanize, Phantomjs, Selenium, XPath,... )
- Experience with Machine Learning
This is a remote position available from anywhere in the US or anywhere in the world. Please apply IF you meet the minimum qualifications and skills.
What You'll Love about Apollo:
As we are scaling our company, we are committed to providing the best possible environment for our engineering team. The less time our engineers spend dealing with cumbersome processes, inefficient systems, and commuting, the more time they have to solve problems and make an impact. We're a technology-first team dedicated to building the greatest engagement software available. We keep in touch with Slack and regular video conferences. You can work from home, a coffee shop or the beach as long as your work is aligned with your goals.