Senior Software Engineer
SafeGraph - North America
Posted: 3 years ago
- Care deeply about democratizing access to data.
- Passionate about big data and are excited by seemingly-impossible challenges.
- At least 80% of people who have worked with you put you in the top 10% of the people they have worked with.
- You think life is too short to work with B-players.
- You are entrepreneurial and want to work in a super fast-paced environment where the solutions aren’t already predefined.
- You live in the U.S. or Canada and are comfortable working remotely.
- SafeGraph is a B2B data company that sells to data scientists and machine learning engineers.
- SafeGraph's goal is to be the place for all information about physical Places
- SafeGraph currently has 30+ people and has raised a $20 million Series A. CEO previously was founder and CEO of LiveRamp (NYSE:RAMP).
- Company is growing fast, over $10M ARR, and is currently profitable.
- Company is based in San Francisco but more than 50% of the team is remote. We get the entire company together in the same place every month (when possible).
We have been moving very quickly in the current pandemic, building up new products and releasing up-to-date dashboards to the general public. We are providing our aggregated and anonymized location data at no cost for non-commercial use, to anyone with the shared goal of fighting to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and helping to get the economy moving in its aftermath. We now have a vibrant community of 1000+ organizations in this Consortium. You can see the publications here.
About the role:
- Core software engineer.
- Reporting to SafeGraph's VP Engineering.
- Work as an individual contributor.
- Opportunities for future leadership.
- No Resume? No Problem! A LinkedIn is all you need to apply!
- You have at least 6 years of relevant work experience.
- Proficiency writing production-quality code, preferably in Scala, Java, or Python.
- Strong familiarity with distributed system, or map/reduce data processing.
- Deep understanding of all things "data" - schema design, modeling, optimization, scalability, etc.
- You are authorized to work where you are.
- Excellent communication skills.
- You are amazingly entrepreneurial.
- You want to help build a massive company.
Nice to haves:
- Extra bonus points: Deep understanding of Apache Spark in solving production-scale problems.
- Experience with AWS.
- Experience with building ML models from the ground up.
- Experience working with huge data sets.
- Python, Database and Systems Design, Scala, Data Science, Apache Spark, Hadoop MapReduce.
Good reading on how we are thinking:
- SafeGraph Vision and Values
- Open Information to Power Innovation
- Where Should Machines go to Learn
- Data-As-A-Service Bible: Everything You Wanted to Know About Running DaaS Companies
Don't fit this description perfectly but still think this is the role for you? Apply and let us know why!