Senior Full Stack Engineer
As a Senior Full Stack Engineer at Follow Up Boss, you'll build fully-fledged platforms using a range of different technologies. You'll be involved in the entire product development lifecycle including the design, development, deployment and maintenance of new and existing features. You'll write clean and functional code on the front- and back-end. You'll collaborate closely with our engineering team to ensure system consistency and to create a great user experience. You'll write reusable and maintainable code that is secure and scales well. You'll help ensure code quality with automated and functional testing along with peer review. Ultimately, your work will have direct impact on the stability and user experience of our products.
Why would you want to work here?
We’re a bootstrapped, profitable company started back in April of 2011. We're a young, ambitious company who only answers to our customers and we don’t just claim to be customer-centric - we live it. We're fully remote and have been since day 1. Here's a few more reason's we think you'll love working here - and be sure to check out our video on how we work:
- Opportunity to have a big impact on our growth and your career
- No red tape or pointless meetings
- Competitive base salary - top 10% in US; for this position the range is $166K - $180K
- Strong benefit package including a 401k with 6% match, health/dental/vision insurance for you and our family, funding for continuing education, paid parental leave, kindle + unlimited books, home office setup, company meetups, and 20 PTO + 10 sick days
- Solve challenging technical problems and put your skills to the test every day. We've processed over a billion emails; per month we send nearly 3 million text messages and handle 700k+ minutes of call time for tens of thousands of active customers.
- See a direct impact of your work and value you created for customers.
- Provide direct input on technical and non-technical decisions. Your opinion matters.
This role is for you if...
- You would describe yourself as patient, empathetic and having a good sense of humor.
- You’re independent, self-motivated and can stay efficient and productive without someone looking over your shoulder all day long
- You have superb written and verbal skills (with a professional yet fun demeanor)
- You are based in the United States (or similar time zone)
- You are happy to have direct communication with customers (we are customer driven).
Your qualifications include:
- Self motivated and proactive mindset.
- Remote work experience is required.
- Based in the USA, with a quiet home office with fast internet.
- At least 5 years of experience in web development.
- Expertise in back end technologies, we use PHP, Aurora MySQL, Postgres, Redis, to name a few.
- Strong understanding of RDBMS and SQL.
- Proficient understanding of Linux.
- Exceptional time management skills.
- Attention to detail and commitment to quality.
- Security conscious.
- Pragmatic decision making.
- Your responsibilities will include:
- Develop and improve our application.
- Help fix issues with the application.
- Mentor other team members.
30 Day Targets
- Become familiar with our product and codebase.
- Pair with fellow engineers to gain knowledge about the system and how we work.
- Improve the new hire onboarding process, by being a part of it.
- Help address priority bugs
60 Day Targets
- Implement improvements for new and existing third party integrations.
- Implement new product features and improvements that deliver value to our customers.
- Improve how our product supports customers with larger teams.
90 Day Targets
- Implement improvements to the security of our app and customer's data.
- Assist in architecture improvements of critical product features
- Assist in performance improvements to our API.
Core Engineering Values
- Code Quality
- Focus and Prioritization
- Customer Driven
- Leadership Qualities
Our Employment Package Includes
- Work remotely: Live and work wherever you like!
- Competitive salary: Our career framework pays in the top 10% no matter where you live.
- Insurance: Company paid health, dental & vision insurance for all of our team members and their families.
- Family leave: generous family leave - fully paid!
- Home office setup: Get a Macbook Pro + $1000 to set up your home office.
- Personal development stipend: $1000 per year to focus on bettering yourself.
- 401(k): With 6% company match!
- Retreats: Join us for company get-togethers every year!
- Co-working stipend: Get some extra cash for a co-working space or a coffee shop work.
- Free books and Kindle: Get a free Kindle and all the free books - digital and audio - you like, anytime.
- Gym: Monthly stipend to keep you active and feeling good.
- Money each month to spend on caffeine.