Senior Backend Engineer
nZero is looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to help expand our SaaS application (Ruby-on-Rails with Python microservices) as we continue to grow and scale our product. You’ll play a key role in supporting our SaaS platform for carbon management, which provides real-time carbon emissions reporting and analysis tools to enable customers to track and reduce their emissions. Your role will be to include architecting and developing new cloud-based microservices to enhance and provide new features for our platform, such as cost and emissions forecasting, and automated emission reduction insights.
- 6+ years of experience in software development in Ruby or Python
- 4+ years of experience with system and service architecture
- SQL and database schema experience (Postgres)
- Experience running and managing cloud infrastructure (AWS, EC2, S3)
- Organized, clear communicator
- Experience with Agile or Scrum software development methodologies
- Ability to multi-task, organize, and prioritize work
- Product focused. You are able to connect back-end architecture and implementation decisions to user experience goals, and make value considerations between the two.
- Passionate: You care about the quality of the things you produce and the problems you solve. At nZero, we are a passionate team who care deeply about the climate challenges we are tackling.
- Inclusive: You understand that accepting and integrating a diverse set of views creates growth and opportunity.