Software Engineer (iOS)
Nextdoor is where you connect to the neighborhoods that matter to you so you can belong. Our purpose is to cultivate a kinder world where everyone has a neighborhood they can rely on.
Neighbors around the world turn to Nextdoor daily to receive trusted information, give and get help, get things done, and build real-world connections with those nearby — neighbors, businesses, and public services. Today, neighbors rely on Nextdoor in more than 275,000 neighborhoods across 11 countries.
Meet Your Future Neighbors
As an iOS Software Engineer at Nextdoor, you’ll join a focused team of developers, product managers, and designers who are passionate about using technology to cultivate a kinder world where everyone has a neighbor they can rely on. We are a small team of mobile engineers that work on app infrastructure and features to deliver our values to our members. We care about moving fast and delivering impact, without compromising on quality and reliability.
The Impact You’ll Make
We believe in empowering our teams to own all aspects of bringing Nextdoor to life. As such, you’ll get the opportunity to make key contributions across our iOS stack - this includes developing and improving our networking, analytics, experiments, and modular app structure, in addition to making direct contributions to your team’s product area.
Beyond day-to-day technical work, you’ll also get the chance to collaborate with product managers and designers to drive Nextdoor forward. We believe engineers should have a stake over all aspects of the product - from coming up with the next big ideas to build, through helping set expectations and plan roadmaps, all the way through understanding the impact of new features through rigorous data analysis. As your career at Nextdoor develops, you’ll also get the chance to mentor other team members and grow your role towards what you’re most passionate about.
What You’ll Bring to The Team
- 5+ Years of experience in a Mobile Development role.
- Expertise in Swift or Objective-C and Xcode IDE including the build system.
- Robust knowledge of iOS development ecosystem as a whole including system libraries.
- Experience with building complex, high-quality iOS applications, and strong knowledge of iOS app design principles, patterns, testing, and best practices.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong desire to learn about new technologies and systems.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable in a dynamic startup environment.
- Experience writing automated tests for iOS applications.
- Experience with accessibility features on iOS.
At Nextdoor, we empower our employees to build stronger local communities. To create a platform where all feel welcome, we want our workforce to reflect the diversity of the neighbors we seek to serve. We encourage everyone interested in our purpose to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, or any other trait that unfairly targets a group of people. In accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.