Rust Software Engineer
We are a 100% remote company committed to growing an inclusive team with the most talented people everywhere.
Started in Silicon Valley, backed by Sequoia Capital, we think globally from day one. Your perspective will help make Seaplane truly planet-scale.
We build and operate high-traffic distributed systems on public clouds such as AWS, GCP, Azure, as well as our own global deployments in PoPs around the world and at the edge.
We think Rust is the best language for new systems software! Our core platform is all in Rust, from microservices in our distributed control plane to our high-performance data services.
Everything we do is built on Linux and we’re rethinking how control and data planes are built on modern programmable kernels using eBPF, Wireguard, io_uring, and other such features.
We think using these from Rust gives us the best balance of performance and safety for our customers. And it’s a lot of fun too!
You’ll love this job if:
- You love Rust and/or Python.
- You’ve beaten your head against web infrastructure and distributed systems and won!
- You know how to balance rapid development with long-term code maintainability and supportability.
- Your range of experience with frontend, backend, machine learning, or full-stack is one of your superpowers.
- You’re an experienced debugger unfazed by the firefighting needed when production environments are in flames.
- You’re detail-oriented and and passionate about creating an awesome user experience.
- You’re comfortable with a variety of modern software frameworks and learn new tools as a matter of course or just for fun.
- You put EQ above ego and focus on team success helping your team members through code reviews.