We are looking for an engineer with a “find a way or make a way” attitude that is excited to join a small but growing team that has more projects than developers. This opportunity is for someone excited for autonomy, ownership, and breadth of responsibility.
We're a hybrid stack
- Our "NextGen" technology is written in .Net Core, NodeJS and React and lives on GKE/Google Cloud Platform. Our “Legacy” platform is AngularJS (aka Angular 1) and ASP.NET.
- We're looking for senior talent to contribute to our NextGen but who is also capable, when required, to roll up their sleeves and dive into legacy.
Build something challenging.
This isn't just another CRUD application. Your challenge will be to deliver a highly-available service with complex business logic being used by hundreds of businesses 24/7 to keep their operations running. Our entity model is vast and a major part of our domain is synchronizing data with third party traceability systems. Explore the limits of your resourcefulness by designing human and automated systems that deliver consistent performance, reliability and scale whilst working with less-than-ideal third-party requirements and systems.
See if you fit our requirements.
For this role, we are looking for someone with the following characteristics:
- 5-10 years experience working in back-end applications
- 2+ years experience working with front-end applications
- Deep familiarity with ES6/NodeJS & ReactJS
- Familiarity with ASP.NET and .NET Core
- Bonus for familiarity with AngularJS
- Ability to acutely focus on company objectives and mission at hand.
- Proven dedication to creating maintainable, functional, and reliable systems.
- Ability to pass a background check; have appropriate work authorization
Your Mission & Responsibilities:
- Architect and plan new features, ranging from discussing wireframes to creating the data model to architecting deployment processes.
- Build new features in our “next generation” web stack (C#, .NET core, React, SQL Server, Azure & Google Cloud Platform) as well as contribute to sunsetting our legacy app (Angular, ASP.net)
- Contribute to our engineering culture by designing and developing with intention as well as our focus on continuous improvement.
- Advise, mentor and lead other full time engineers and contractors on projects, small to large, from start to finish.
Our environment is typical of a start-up:
- We work in small teams, fast-paced, we all get a lot done by everyone wearing many hats.
- We are serious about optimizing our time and staying focused on the most important goals and outcomes.
- We are a remote team and are completely on board with 100% remote work, meaning we focus on overcommunication to ensure we can stay in sync despite our physical distance.
- We coordinate using a kanban board, hold a daily standup, and mostly communicate via ad hoc video calls and Slack.
- We’re building lots of new things, but also maintaining a significant business. We are mindful of the balance and need to monitor and pay down tech debt and also innovate with exciting greenfield projects.
To achieve our mission, we always look for high-caliber people who share our core values:
- Value-Driven: Above all else, we are concerned with driving value to customers and partners through over-delivering on the benefits we’ve promised them.
- Grit: We are resilient marathoners who finish what they start and love tackling problems of all sizes. We take critical feedback and push through to get the job done.
- Rigor: We are data driven, analytical and exhaustive in decision making. We take in the evidence, integrate information from multiple sources quickly, draw conclusions and take actions - quickly.
- Collaboration: We leave our egos at home, we challenge each other and we work together to find the best solutions, every day, day in and day out.
- Accountability: We sign up for the hard stuff and take ownership to see it through. We make lemonade out of lemons when we have to and don’t let attitude get in the way of getting it done.
- Curiosity: Most of us dork out over non-work related topics at a ridiculous level of detail, because that’s how we’re wired. We’re naturally inquisitive, ask tough questions and aren’t afraid to ruffle feathers to find better answers.
- Honesty: We’re transparent and honest because that’s the right way to treat other people. Integrity is the basis of trust, and trust is everything when you’re creating the future together.