Yahoo Finance is your #1 finance destination on mobile and web to track the markets and the economy. The Yahoo Finance Mobile Android team is continuously improving the application and is looking for an Android Engineer to join in on the action. You would be working with a tight-knit team of engineers on a high usage application. It takes powerful technology to connect our brands and partners with an audience of nearly 900 million. Whether you’re looking to write mobile app code, engineer the servers behind our massive ad tech stacks, or develop algorithms to help us process trillions of data points a day, what you do here will have a huge impact on our business—and the world. Want in?
- Responsible for the definition, design, development and successful and timely completion of major new features in current and future products
- Performing code reviews for your peers where you will be learning from and contributing to a collaborative working model
- Recommending alternative approaches to solving complex problems and utilizing new technology to achieve goals
- Tackle hard engineering and user experience problems and solve them in an elegant and seamless manner
- Take ownership of features and areas of the app that will impact millions of users
- Work with engineering team members to explore and create interesting solutions while sharing knowledge amongst the team
A Lot About You
We are searching for a highly qualified Android developer to help us build the next generation of personal finance management. We need a dedicated and technically strong engineer with industry knowledge to make our apps even better and to drive the evolution and expansion of our current applications portfolio into new technology areas and market segments.
If you are excited about the overall lifecycle of a product - building, coding, testing, launching and learning, this is the place to be, because you will learn and gain hands-on experience while engaged in projects with significant impact on the success of our businesses. You are a great problem solver, have the capability to work independently as well as with a team and the willingness to learn from our leadership.
The road ahead is exciting, and our team is moving fast. Your work will be seen and touched by millions of people worldwide. If you believe you have what it takes to help shape our future then look no further, apply now, and get ready for the ride of your life!
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Proficiency in Android development using Java and/or Kotlin
- Deep technical knowledge of Android mobile application development with a solid understanding of the framework components and their lifecycles
- Proven track record in software design, implementation, and troubleshooting
- Capable of managing time well and working efficiently and independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Shipped an app or two to the Google Play store
- Worked with RxJava, Retrofit, Navigation Components
- Enjoy and are passionate about the TDD life
- Have experience working closely with product teams, designers, and other developers to create a truly delightful mobile experience
- Are part of the Android community in your own way, whether it’s listening to the Fragmented Podcast, contributing to Android, Kotlin, or Java subreddits, or something entirely unique that you want to tell us about
- Can juggle three or more bowling pins