Senior iOS Engineer
At HealthRhythms, our mission is to alleviate unnecessary suffering by bringing mental health into the modern era of medicine. We have combined the multi-dimensional sensing capabilities of mobile phones with the power of embedded and cloud computing platforms and novel AI algorithms to continuously measure mental health status. We are realizing the vision of precision medicine for mental health by anticipating deterioration of mental health and delivering personalized, just-in-time interventions.
We have built and tested this platform with $7M of NIH funding and are commercializing with a dual-track focus on pharma and US payors. Based on the elite quality of the team, the empirical evidence, and the innovation itself, we have closed a highly over-subscribed $11M seed financing with 36+ top Silicon Valley health tech and healthcare investors. Brook Byers (Kleiner) personally co-anchored the round with GSR Ventures ($3B health tech).
If joining an accelerating, 100% remote startup that is trying to significantly improve people’s lives sounds meaningful and exciting to you, please read on and apply.
As Senior iOS Engineer, you will:
- Work on our mobile sensing framework and app which is directly used by people throughout the world seeking to improve their mental health
- Optimize the performance of our sensing framework and add novel sensor streams from wearables and other data sources
- Own full lifecycle of the iOS app and sensing framework: prototyping, developing, testing, debugging, and deploying
- Prototype novel user interfaces and interactions to engage people in improving their mental health
- Work with the team to ensure consistency between iOS and Android products
- Write well-structured, reusable, maintainable, idiomatic code. Incorporate appropriate level of testing and documentation
You have the following required experience:
- 7+ years of industry experience writing code
- 5+ years developing and deploying iOS apps
- Experience with Swift, SDK design, iOS Frameworks
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals
- Experience with background data collection, battery-life optimization, local data processing
- Knowledge of working with REST APIs and consuming JSON
- Experience with UI development on iOS
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services & Python
- Experience with managing and deploying releases on App Store Connect
You’re a person who:
- Is a self-starter, fast but thoughtful, comfortable with short iteration cycles and ambitious deadline
- Has a strong sense of ownership, urgency and drive, pushing the limits of what has been done before sounds fun for you
What we value?
- Mental health as foundational to overall health.
- Protecting patient privacy at all costs. We actively develop privacy protective algorithms to ensure that only clinically relevant information is recorded.
- Creating person-specific interventions driven by Machine Learning that dynamically adapt and scale, yet remain personal
- Deploying empirically-validated approaches to measuring and improving mental health
- Empathically supporting people in becoming more active, socially engaged, and above all more mentally healthy
- We value passion in people to transform how mental health is considered in society
We're looking forward to hearing from you!