Aurora Solar is a fast-growing Series D company on a mission to create a future of solar energy for all. Aurora makes the software that is enabling society to transition to a world powered by solar power. It’s our goal to have every solar installation in the world pass through our software, which has already been used to design millions of solar projects. Named one of “The Best Midsized Remote Companies To Work for in 2023” by BuiltInSF.com and awarded #1 Solar Software platform by Solar Power World, Aurora is disrupting the energy industry and changing the course of history.
As a software engineer on the computation team at Aurora, you will help us develop a new generation of optimization engines for our solar design platform so we can generate and analyze bigger systems faster and with more accuracy.
We are a passionate and diverse team that aspires to be the best place for the best people and we’re looking for talented individuals to accelerate our exponential growth as we continue to scale. If you are looking for a stimulating and fulfilling role, come join us!
What you'll do:
- Program in Python and C++
- Improve our current engines and develop new analysis and optimization engines
- Integrate and connect these engines to our existing service and build the interfaces of our web applications
- Write automated tests and debug customer problems
What we value:
- Academic background in linear algebra, calculus, computational geometry, statistics, control theory, optimization, numerical algorithms
- Academic background in advanced data structures and algorithms
- Practical experience with analog simulation, place & route engines, or various analog and discrete optimization methods
- Contributions to large software projects as a member of a broader team
- Familiarity with Git or other version control systems, and with build and test tools
- Passion for renewable energy and sustainability
- Ability to perform and thrive in a fast-paced environment
At Aurora Solar, we tie our base pay ranges to level and location. In Canada, this means that your base pay ranges will fall into one of two geographic pay zones depending on your location.
In most cases, we target the midpoint of our salary ranges for new hire compensation. This placement is reflective of full proficiency in a role. Base pay is ultimately determined based on a number of factors including skills, qualifications, and location. This role is eligible for additional variable compensation and an equity grant, which will be discussed in your initial recruiter conversation.
Our current base pay ranges in each zone are:
- Tier 1 Toronto, Vancouver: CAD $109,500.00 - $148,000.00
- Tier 2 All Other CA Locations: CAD $100,000.00 - $135,000.00