Pixie brings small accountancy and bookkeeping teams together to collaborate and deliver better service to their clients. Our software helps them manage work, clients and deadlines in one place.
We are building a sustainable, global business, backed by world-class angel investors who believe in our mission.
We are at an exciting inflexion point in our business and are looking for people who are experts in their field to join our team and help us shape its future while respecting our values:
- Go the distance
- Continuous learning
We are looking for a talented front-end engineer to join our team. This is a remote position that requires an overlap with GMT +/- 3. We hire in any country within these timezone boundaries.
Your expert knowledge in modern browser standards and technologies will help steer the frontend architecture, ensuring maximum compatibility and responsiveness of Pixie’s layouts.
Your design instincts allow you to get things done with minimum guidance from the design team. You will be responsible for testing your own code and verify its compatibility with the browsers and devices used by our customers.
You take pride in delivering products that have a positive impact on the daily lives of customers.
Your immediate responsibilities will include:
- Deliver high-quality, well-tested front-end code.
- Ensure maximum browser and device compatibility of Pixie’s frontend.
- Contribute to code reviews and offer your perspective on Pixie’s user experience.
- Meet our product quality and code security standards.
- Lastly but not least, develop a deep understanding of our product and its customer base.
- Have 4+ years of professional software engineering experience.
- Have production experience with Vue.js and Sass/Scss.
- Solid understanding of CSS, HTML and the DOM.
- Good understanding of Hotwire’s architecture (StimulusJS + Turbolinks).
- Proven experience designing frontend architectures.
- Proven experience writing and managing automated frontend test suites.
- Solid understanding of DevOps with Gitlab CI and Gitlab Review environments.
- Willingness to engage with customers, learn about their jobs-to-be-done and incorporate those learnings into Pixie’s product and technology.
- Strong communication skills and willingness to participate in video calls when needed.
- Bachelor/Master’s degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering.
- Market-rate salary + share options scheme.
- Budget for WFH set-up, or co-working desk (when possible).
- Discretionary budget for learning (e.g. books, courses).
- Flexible working hours and holiday breaks.
- Plenty of room and support to continue growing professionally.