Senior Node.js Software Engineer
This is a US-based position, our offices are located in Fort Collins, CO. This position can be in-office, remote (in approved US states), or a hybrid of the two.
Who you are
- You are an expert troubleshooter and powerful builder.
- You are motivated to get the job done and done excellently. Execution Excellence is our standard and our standard is non negotiable.
- You are a passionate human: passionate about making a difference in the world, passionate about helping teammates succeed.
- You are thorough in your work.
- You are curious and ready to learn. Like the clients we represent, our teammates are entrepreneurs. The most successful people at Madwire are those willing to put in the time it takes to become an expert for small business digital marketing.
- You comfortably navigate between tasks, willing to learn, and teach others.
Software developers and engineers are vital to Madwire’s mission because they are responsible for the stability and innovation of our many software products.
- Help build and maintain Marketing 360, the #1 marketing platform, and other software products
- Work with the team to design performant, scalable and secure software services
- Debug and monitor existing services and help resolve problems.
No supervisory responsibilities
Occasional travel may be required, but is not a significant part of the job.
- 5+ yrs professional software development experience with Node.js
- Developed, deployed, and supported cloud-based web application
- Experience with Express and/or Fastify
- Able to efficiently build software based on requirements from the product team
- Ability to work with existing code to resolve bugs or build new features
- Pro-level debugging skills
- Competent in the evaluation and use of design patterns and programming paradigms
- Strong database skills and firm understanding of MySQL/PostgreSQL
- Experience with unit and integration testing
- Experience with TypeScript
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services and/or Google Cloud Platform
- Docker & Kubernetes experience
This position offers a competitive salary, great health benefits, 401(k), and a great work environment.
- Salary Range: $100,000 - $140,000 annual
- Eligibility to enter the plan is the first of the month following 60 days of employment.
- Company match 50% up to 6% of employee contributions
- Paid Time Off
- 10 paid holidays per year
- Unlimited vacation (and no waiting period!)
- 5 sick days annually