Senior Software Engineer
Edquity, an anti-poverty technology company, is seeking an experienced Senior Software Engineer who is passionate about enhancing financial stability and social mobility in higher education and improving college graduation rates for low and middle-income students.
The Senior Software Engineer will utilize modern architecture and technology in a collaborative environment and should have a keen interest in System Design and Architecture to quickly identify improvements and implement them. The Senior Software Engineer should work towards a vision beyond the daily tasks with a proactive, solutions-oriented mindset and appreciate autonomous responsibility.
This role is full-stack; the Engineer will participate in building and maintaining backend services, optimizing query performance and cost, and use cutting edge frontend technologies to create an incredible user experience.
What you will do:
- Work with designers, product managers, QA engineers and other developers in a highly collaborative agile environment.
- Build our products out further by improving performance of our codebase and handling scaling issues to accommodate user growth, as well as writing rigorous and thorough tests to ensure code stability.
- Create new products and features to match business needs, while maintaining our current product and keeping technical debt to a minimum.
- Digest and distill technical problems and propose and execute creative technical solutions.
- Review code, identify technical priorities, and system design trade-offs
- Build for scale, availability, performance, and security across the stack.
What you should have:
- Experience working in AWS
- Git: Professional experience with version control
- SQL: Experience building data models and writing complex SQL queries
- Experience building/maintaining web apps in production, and testing front and backend code and TDD
- A strong work ethic: ability to be self motivated and take ownership over tasks
- A strong belief in equity and a desire to reduce structural inequality
Nice to haves:
- A passion for startups, working with small teams, and scaling them
- Experience in developing algorithms
- Experience working in microservices or breaking up a monolithic API into microservices
- Experience working with large datasets and have the ability to manipulate them to achieve business needs
- Knowledge in other programming languages (Golang, C#, etc)
Edquity is an anti-poverty technology company focused on redesigning the safety net to provide cash for all Americans in need. Edquity does this in higher education, where we streamline access to emergency aid for college students, and in partnership with state and municipal government, where we create a fast and equitable infrastructure to administer cash benefits to the individuals who need it most. Our methodology harnesses the collective power of sociology, behavioral science, and technology to address common pitfalls, including racial bias, inefficiency, compliance risk, and lack of transparency and monitoring. To date, Edquity has administered over $100 million in government funding to more than 100,000 recipients and has demonstrated that we improve key societal outcomes, such as graduation rate, by as much as 2x. The organization has raised over $8M in funding and is scaling rapidly to administer hundreds of millions in emergency cash assistance to students and low-income Americans in need.
- Fully Paid Health Insurance (Medical/Vision/Dental)
- Unlimited PTO
- 11 Paid Company Holidays
- Generous Parental Leave Benefits
- 401k matching
- Professional Development Stipend
- Potential for Equity
- Many others!