Senior Software Engineer (iOS)
We're looking for people who are passionate about creating great iOS applications.
You've been around for a few Xcode releases and you know how to delight iOS users. You’ve got an eye for the beautiful design our users expect and an attention to detail down to the very last pixel. You know your way around CA and UIKit and are eager to partner with Product and Design to craft efficient, performant, and delightful user experiences. You like building for the long term and value patterns and structures that allow for maximum flexibility in a constantly evolving product.
As an iOS Product Engineer, you will work with a cross-disciplinary team, using your extensive knowledge of building applications to make the Slack experience on iOS be the best it can possibly be. Slack on iOS is used by millions of people every week - we need engineers who want to make that experience as pleasant as possible.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you should have
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience
- 5+ years of practical experience in iOS product development
- Experience working closely with product teams, designers, and other developers to create a truly delightful mobile experience
- Experience developing highly performant code and view layouts and the ability to diagnose performance bottlenecks
- A disciplined approach to development, testing, documentation and code structure in a team environment
- Extensive understanding of the Cocoa framework
- A familiarity with the iOS tool ecosystem for development, testing, debugging, and performance benchmarking
- An excellent understanding of best practices for concurrency and threading
- A constant desire to improve, learn more and take things higher
- Experience using Slack and a keen interest in making it better
- A passion for building and maintaining great open source projects or otherwise contributing to the iOS community
- Experience developing with Swift
Slack is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Slack is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.