Aurora Solar is a fast-growing Series C company on a mission to create a future of solar energy for all. Aurora makes the software that is enabling society to transition to a world powered by solar power. It’s our goal to have every solar installation in the world pass through our software, which has already been used to design millions of solar projects. Named one of “The Best Places To Work in 2022” by BuiltInSF.com and awarded Solar Software platform by Solar Power World, Aurora is disrupting the energy industry and changing the course of history.
We are looking for senior backend engineers who are comfortable taking control of complex projects and working with other members of the team. Every engineer contributes to key feature rollouts and cutting-edge technology of the solar industry.
We are a passionate and diverse team that aspires to be the best place for the best people and we’re looking for talented individuals to accelerate our exponential growth as we continue to scale. If you are looking for a stimulating and fulfilling role, come join us!
What you'll do:
- Build new functionality and features for our software platform
- Scale Aurora's infrastructure by 10x over the next year
- Develop and extend our existing API
- Build integrations with other players in the solar industry
What we value:
- A degree in Computer Science or related fields
- 4+ years of experience as a software engineer
- Experience developing backend web systems
- Experience managing databases (PostgreSQL preferred)
- Experience integrating with third-party APIs
- Familiarity with (or eagerness to learn) Ruby on Rails
- Familiarity with Git or other version control systems
- Passion for renewable energy and sustainability
- Ability to perform and thrive in a fast-paced environment