At Hopin, we’re reimagining events. Our mission is simple: we exist to make the world feel closer.
Founded in 2019, Hopin brings brands and communities together around highly interactive and engaging experiences. We believe that people should have access to the conversations, moments and ideas they care most about, no matter where they are. Through our highly scalable platform, participants are able to learn, engage, and connect from anywhere in the world.
Hopin started as a virtual events solution but we have since meaningfully expanded our offering from virtual events to hybrid and in-person events, as well as video and workplace collaboration products. This growth has been fueled by a series of strategic acquisitions, including: Boomset - an all-in-one event management platform; Attendify - advancing Event Marketing products; StreamYard - unveiling a video production Studio; video hosting service Streamable and video technology company Jamm.
Listed as one of the 2021 Fast Company Best Workplaces for Innovators, Hopin has scaled to 800+ employees working remotely across 47 countries. Valued at $7.75B, Hopin raised a $450M Series D round of financing and is backed by top tier investors, including Arena Holdings, Altimeter Capital, Adam Street Partners, Untitled Investments, XN Capital, Andreessen Horowitz, DFJ Growth, General Catalyst, GIC, IVP, Northzone, Salesforce Ventures, Slack, Temasek and Tiger Global.
This role involves working with the Jamm team at Hopin to develop solutions that will define the future of remote collaboration. The Jamm team was acquired by Hopin and are tasked with figuring out what the future of video communication looks like. You will be instrumental in this small, innovative, early stage team. Experimenting with lots of different ideas for revolutionising video communication space.
We are currently working with Vue.js, TypeScript, Nuxt.js, GraphQL and WebRTC.
- Collaborating closely with our product and design team to take designs and implement beautiful functional features in our new products.
- Working closely with our mobile and server engineers to design and develop new SDKs and components from start to finish.
- Writing automated unit and end-to-end tests to test your features as you build them.
- Communicating with internal developers in other teams to help them use our powerful video components.
- Diagnosing and fixing bugs.
- Code reviewing contributions from other engineers.
- Collaborating with our product team to analyse data and help determine feature success, confirm bug fixes and find issues.
- 3+ years front-end web development experience
- Experience working with a modern front-end framework such as React or Vue (we use Vue)
- Experience writing automated tests
- Self-driven and motivated to learn new skills
- Great communication skills in a remote environment
Nice to have
- You have experience building real-time applications for example using technologies such as WebRTC, WebSockets, GraphQL subscriptions, Firebase real-time database.
- Experience with Vue, Nuxt.js, Vuetify
- Experience with GraphQL and Apollo
- Competitive salary
- Fully remote, global team
- Flexible schedules
- Laptop assigned, Mac or Dell (Windows)
- Health Insurance Support
- Parental Leave
- Monthly Wi-Fi stipend
- $800 USD for Home-Office set up
- $1500 USD for Learning & Development