Full Stack WordPress Developer
At Yoko Co, we know that life is short, which is why we exclusively serve clients who are working to make a positive impact. From rescuing pets, to saving lives, to building communities for brilliant minds, the code you’d write here will help make the world a better place.
Our team is made up of people who are passionate about the work they do, the clients they serve, and, importantly, their craft. We also care about each other — we don’t think of one another as coworkers or employees, but as fellow humans. From developers to designers, project managers to strategists, we bring out the best in each other.
Ready to gulp down this Kool-Aid? We’d love to hear from you.
If you work here, you’ll:
- Write clean, semantic, well-commented code to power websites, make WordPress do amazing things, and build nifty interactions.
- Work closely with other developers, designers, project managers, and strategists on a variety of projects, large and small.
- Get involved with projects early on, to contribute to strategy and technical planning.
- Help expand our codebase and tools, participate in code reviews, and grow with your fellow developers.
You’ll do well in this job if you:
- Have a strong handle on HTML and CSS, understand general UI/UX best practices, and possess a sharp eye for turning design mockups into pixel-perfect layouts.
- Are skilled in PHP (particularly WordPress PHP), and have a solid understanding of OOP concepts.
- Have experience working with Git.
- Understand the principles behind SEO, web accessibility, performance optimization.
- Love WordPress for the things it’s great at, but also have the awareness to know when it’s not the right tool for the job.
- Bonus points: Experience working with SSOs, the REST API, headless WordPress, and static site generators.
However, maybe don’t apply if:
- You prefer to work on a single big project at a time. We all have to do a bit of juggling around here, and while we wish we could pour ourselves into just one thing for weeks at a time to make it perfect, that’s often not the reality.
- You’ve ever said “that’s not my job” or “that’s below my pay grade.” While we try to utilize everyone in the best way we possibly can, sometimes things can get dicey and we have to pitch in to help reach the finish line.
The interview process:
You’ll do 3-4 interviews with various members of our team, starting with a short culture interview, and then moving onto more specialized conversations. Somewhere in the middle of the process, you’ll likely do a short practical test to ensure you can deliver at the level it takes to be successful here.
If you work here:
You’ll get a competitive salary, unlimited time off, a flexible schedule, the ability to work wherever you want, a personal development budget, federal holidays and multiple weeks off at the end of the year to recharge. If you’re in the US, we also offer health insurance, disability and life insurance, and 401k matching.
A little more about us:
We’ve been in business for over a decade, our whole team is remote, we were named a 2020 Best Place to Work by the Inc. 5000 and the Washington Business Journal, and you can poke around our website to learn more.