Senior Backend Python Developer
Are you a bright, motivated self-starter? Would you enjoy working in a dynamic and collaborative team, building and innovating on your ideas? Do you want to be part of an exciting, fast-moving environment at the forefront of cybersecurity technology?
At SenseOn, our mission is to design and build the security architecture of the future. We provide our customers with the most comprehensive defence against cybersecurity threats; for every user and asset in an organisation, wherever the location. Since our founding in 2017, we've been working hard to make a difference in our industry, receiving great recognition for our work, and we're now starting to scale. Having recently closed a very successful Series A funding round, we are looking for innovative and driven individuals who want to make an impact and enhance our momentum!
We are seeking a skilled and passionate backend Python developer to join our team, with a focus on developing and maintaining APIs that support the SenseOn UI.
As a senior developer specialising in the SenseOn platform backend, you will be responsible for:
- Collaborating extensively with the front-end development team to ensure seamless integration of the UI and API.
- Developing data contracts to ensure consistency and accuracy of data.
- Implementing security measures to protect sensitive data.
- Writing scalable and maintainable code for the API, with an emphasis on performance and reliability.
- Designing and implementing secure RESTful APIs that adhere to industry standards.
- Documenting the API design, implementation, and testing processes, to ensure that other developers can easily work with and build upon the API in the future.
- You will be primarily working in Python.
At SenseOn, we take automated testing very seriously. This means writing comprehensive automated tests for your code that will run in our continuous integration and continuous deployment systems.
What we are looking for:
- Good communication, both written and verbal
- Real world experience designing, implementing, and maintaining RESTful APIs
- Extensive Python 3 experience
- Experience working with ORM and relational databases.
- Experience and knowledge of automated testing principles and frameworks
- Familiarity with security measures and tools, including SSL/TLS, OAuth, and JWT
- Strong familiarity with Linux environments and the Linux command-line
- Experience in a cyber security-related field
- Knowledge of GraphQL and/or OpenAPI
- Experience implementing websocket servers
What we'll offer you:
- A huge opportunity to build your career path in a rapidly-growing company, having just raised one of the largest Series A funding rounds in Europe
- Training and career development with the best in the industry
- Remote work with access to London-based office as desired
- Unlimited Holiday
- Private healthcare plan (including benefits such as gym membership reduction, access to 'Headspace', discounted health and wellbeing products)
- Enhanced pension plan