Staff Software Engineer
Order.co is a spend efficiency platform that helps businesses save time, save money, and gain clarity into their spend. Order.co provides businesses a single catalog of all of the products and services they buy across all their vendors, the ability to automatically check out with one cart, tools to control and visualize their spend, and a single consolidated bill for all the products they buy in a month. Order Capital provides access to extended terms and cash advances to make it fast and easy for these businesses to better manage short to medium term cash flow.
Founded in 2016 and headquartered in New York City, Order.co oversees nearly half a billion dollars in annualized spend across hundreds of customers like WeWork, SoulCycle, and Lume. Order.co has raised $50M in funding from industry-leading investors like MIT, Stage 2 Capital, Rally Ventures, 645 Ventures, and more. Order.co has been proudly named as a 50 to Watch by Spend Matters and a Best Place to Work by BuiltIn.
As a Staff Software Engineer, you will employ your technical expertise to help your team achieve results that drive the growth of our business. Along the way you will set the bar for producing high quality code and mentor your team members to meet or exceed that standard.
- Contribute during the creation of the team roadmap.
- Write sustainable, high-quality, high-performance code that sets a high standard for your team
- Become the expert in your team's domain and adjacent domains that affect your team.
- Design simple services and systems with a focus on iterative development, reliability, and minimizing the cost of future changes
- Define epics and stories, ensuring they are appropriately broken down, prioritized, and well understood by the team.
- Identify and document dependencies at both the epic and story level, and ensure they are well understood by the team.
- Help your team make clear decisions in alignment with organizational goals, backing decisions made, and taking responsibility for their success.
- Strive for continuous learning and improvement for yourself and your team, providing technical mentorship wherever possible
- Participate in rotating on-call duties, including incident management
- You have a strong leadership mindset and are motivated by accountability
- You are results-oriented
- You love helping people in your team grow and improve
- Writing tests is an integral part of your development process
- You know how to design and build software incrementally
- Rallying people around achieving a goal comes naturally to you
- You are collaborative, open-minded, and looking to continue to develop your craft
- Basic computer science concepts are in your wheelhouse
- You can demonstrate competency with Ruby, and Ruby on Rails
- Not only do you have experience with PostgreSQL and other SQL-based databases, you can optimize a SQL query.
- You have practical experience with AWS (or other cloud services), infrastructure as code, and CI/CD
- You understand web application security, observability, and a lot of other things about building and operating software and services
What you'll receive
- A competitive compensation package as well as stock options
- Robust medical, dental, vision, and wellness benefits
- Flexible time off and remote work policies
- Employer-sponsored 401(k) including an employer match
- The anticipated annual base salary range for this role is $200,000-$220,000. Actual compensation will be commensurate with experience, qualifications, knowledge, and skills.