Full Stack Software Engineer
It’s an exciting time at Crossbeam. Less than two years post-launch, we have over one thousand companies using our platform, raised more than $40M of venture capital from leading VC firms, and are working with awesome strategic investors like Salesforce, Hubspot, Okta, and Slack. Best of all, we’re just getting started. In a market full of uncertainty, we are fortunate to have an unwavering long-term vision and the funding to see it through at full speed.
Crossbeam helps companies partner with each other in a more data-driven way by acting as an escrow service for data. Our platform allows companies to find overlapping customers and prospects with their partners while keeping the rest of their data private and secure.
With this big idea comes some fun and unique technical challenges: We’re like a social network for data warehouses, so the data gets big and our results need to show up fast; we need to reliably find “matches” between data sets originating from different systems; we need our users to love the experience and capture real value every step of the way; security and trust are paramount. And there’s more where that came from.
You’ll join a small-but-mighty team of experienced engineers to take our software from early success to enterprise scale. This is an opportunity to truly influence and contribute meaningfully to our product and engineering practices and help create a beautiful and functional product.
- Develop & Deploy: Consistently ship features and enhancements with guidance from other team members. Work in tandem with other team members to create, test, and deploy high quality code.
- Improvements & Support: Help to prioritize support issues which are reported by users and/or our Customer Success team, help to identify areas of improvement in the code base and contribute to make it better.
- Team Collaboration: Collaborate & learn with various other parts of the team like Product Management, Engineering, and Customer Success teams to iterate on features and enhancements.
- Learning & Growth: Get involved with learning, collaborating with your team members. Help cultivate an environment where you can ask and be asked questions that will better the team as a whole.
These are some of your traits
- You have at least two years professional experience on an engineering team.
- You have deep knowledge of modern frontend frameworks, such as Vue or React, and of REST APIs.
- You have experience working with one or more backend frameworks (we use Clojure here but that's cool if you’re not familiar with it!)
- You have an understanding of interacting with databases, preferably relational (ideally Postgres or MySQL, but Mongo and other NoSQL databases work too).
- You follow best practices for documentation.
- You enjoy collaborating with product and design teams to create the best possible product.
- You believe in creating space for people with different backgrounds and viewpoints to share their opinions in a respectful environment.
- You embrace complex technical challenges and thrive on discovering simple solutions.
- You’re not afraid to speak up when you have a point of view, but can “disagree and commit” once a final decision is reached.
- You have an unrivaled work ethic, and are excited to learn from the team around you.
- You have experience working remotely as part of a larger team.
What to Expect from Crossbeam's Interview Process
We go through the same interview steps for all engineering candidates to ensure equity in our hiring process.
Our process is designed to learn as much about each candidate as possible, as well as to give candidates access to our team and learn about what it's like to be an engineer at Crossbeam. Topics will range from technical skill to problem-solving approaches and collaboration.
- First round call with a Crossbeam in-house recruiter
- Take home coding exercise
- 45 minute pair programming session
- 1 hour with our CTO & a Staff Engineer
- 45 Minutes with an Engineering Manager & Director of Engineering
- 1 hour Pair Programming
- 30 minutes with a Product Manager
- Built in 15 minute breaks for you and us!
How We Work
We are a growing team of experienced engineers shipping lots of code. We collaborate early and often, putting an emphasis on designing technical solutions before coding them. Our team has always emphasized remote work, with teammates in the Philadelphia area and distributed across the country. We’re committed to a remote-first culture, with the majority of our collaborative work happening on Slack and Zoom.
When we’re able and when travel feels comfortable, we’ll celebrate with team offsites and events about once a quarter, and welcome our remote team to join for some facetime whenever they can. In the meantime, we’re focused on creating the best experience possible for new team members from a distance.
Crossbeam is a collaborative data platform that helps companies build more valuable partnerships. We have an office in Philadelphia as well as a number of remote teammates across the US.