Senior Software Engineer
As a Tanium Senior Software Engineer, you will build and maintain best-of-breed products as part of a small and nimble development team. Tanium focuses on a customer engagement model and feedback process to ensure our products are designed the right way from the beginning. When new products ideas are identified, our software engineers design, develop, test, and deploy the products from the ground up, while iterating with product management and customers for feedback and input.
What you'll do
- Build and maintain Tanium's products alongside an agile development team
- Focus on a strong customer engagement model and feedback process to ensure our products are designed the right way from the beginning
- Design, develop and test new product ideas from the ground up while working with product management for feedback and input
We're looking for someone with
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- CS Degree preferred
- 3+ years industry experience, 5+ preferred
- 1+ years in a 100% remote position
- Experience designing and building high-impact, high-performance, and maintainable full-stack web applications
- Experience with modern frontend frameworks like React and Angular
- Experience with HTTP API design and development
- Experience with modern software engineering development and automation tools like git and Jenkins
- Demonstrates sound judgment for balancing between rapid development, and long-term code maintainability and supportability
- Believes in the power of and the need for writing automated tests as part of development
- Experienced debugger who can put out fires under pressure when things go wrong in production environments
- Has knowledge of a variety of modern software frameworks (server side & browser side) and the versatility to learn new tools
- Detail-oriented and passionate for creating an awesome user experience
At Tanium, we offer a proven platform for endpoint visibility and control that transforms how the world's largest and most sophisticated organizations manage and secure their computing devices with unparalleled speed and agility. There’s a reason why more than half of the Fortune 100, top retailers and financial institutions, and four branches of the US Armed Forces rely on Tanium.
Our unstoppable spirit, drive to do the right thing and win as a team attitude has earned us the rank of 7th on the Forbes list of “Top 100 Private Companies in Cloud Computing” for 2019 and 10th on FORTUNE’s list of the “100 Best Medium Workplaces.
At Tanium, we take care of our employees and their communities with things like 5 days of Volunteer Time Off.